Hey folks,

first of, I love what TK did - the new avionics and VDI display modes simply rock (although I still need to get used to the *onlywhenneededitsthereRWRdisplay*), let alone the new water effects, terrain and improved Naval ops.

That said, I played a little with the front shield reflection to get the bule-green color of the real thing and adjusted the ACM lights to what I consider more close to actual in-cockpit footage.

post-5192-0-53661500-1331904222.jpg

Next thing I want to add, are accurate ejection seats (those F-15 seats are way to ugly for an F-14). Can anyone give me a short instruction how I can add the ejection seat of the TMF Tomcat to the TK tomcat?

Cheers,

Chris

Nice work - can you please supply your how-to for tinting the windshield and adjusting the lights... Thanks.

Edited by stingray77

you need to extract the LIGHTS1_F-14A and REFLEC1_F-14A.tga from cat25 and edit them according to your taste (using DXTBmp and GIMP).

Concering the seats I figured it out, however, the seats seem to be slightly too small (yet still better than the F15 seats)....

Does anyone know who created the f14_seats/ has access to the MAX source file?

Edited by ToS

Hey folks,

first of, I love what TK did - the new avionics and VDI display modes simply rock (although I still need to get used to the *onlywhenneededitsthereRWRdisplay*), let alone the new water effects, terrain and improved Naval ops.

That said, I played a little with the front shield reflection to get the bule-green color of the real thing and adjusted the ACM lights to what I consider more close to actual in-cockpit footage.

post-5192-0-53661500-1331904222.jpg

Next thing I want to add, are accurate ejection seats (those F-15 seats are way to ugly for an F-14). Can anyone give me a short instruction how I can add the ejection seat of the TMF Tomcat to the TK tomcat?

Cheers,

Chris

we cant change the Radar Mode Cycles to include the RWR Display?

we cant change the Radar Mode Cycles to include the RWR Display?

haven´t tried it yet - maybe we can;

I was going to replace the e-seats with MF F-14 seats. Oli (or whoever did it) got the GRU-7A dead on. I'll probably post the locates for those and the stock F-4 seats (they're closer than the TW F-14 seats at least) for people who don't have/won't get (because of insanity?) the MF cat. Though that won't until this weekend.

Here's how you add it (and please forgive me, I'm at work). Open the data.ini and search for the Pilots section. There should be a seatmodelname= entry or something like that. Copy the seat name you want into this entry. If that line doesn't exist, copy the whole line. You may need to adjust the location coordinates of the pilots and seats to get it seated (no pun) just right, and that can be done with the locators on that same data block. You probably won't need to, though.

Edit: I wonder if that VDI can be added to the A-6 cockpit? That is superficially similar to the DIANE attack display, though not at all similar in function.

Edited by Swordsman422

you need to extract the LIGHTS1_F-14A and REFLEC1_F-14A.tga from cat25 and edit them according to your taste (using DXTBmp and GIMP).

Concering the seats I figured it out, however, the seats seem to be slightly too small (yet still better than the F15 seats)....

Does anyone know who created the f14_seats/ has access to the MAX source file?

Nice small mods .. and for further changes... I think the radio channel indicators are in red on the real thing....

I dont have the max file for the seat, but a ASE file . would that be useful ?

~

I think the radio channel indicators are in red on the real thing....

I dont have the max file for the seat, but a ASE file . would that be useful ?

~

Yepp, the radio digits are also on my to-do list :grin:

@ ASE file: not sure whether an ASE cycle can be added - but is´t worth trying

on a related note: what is the consensus concerning modded texture files from TK? I suppose it´s not ok to upload those files...

it's allowed ... we do it all the time with skins!

thanks Wrench - that´s good to know

after some tweaking of the seat positions, they do look ok (notice that these are the TMF seats):

post-5192-0-21464600-1331942273.jpg

thanks Wrench - that´s good to know

after some tweaking of the seat positions, they do look ok (notice that these are the TMF seats):

I did the same too, also swapped out pilots. Its the little things....

Can you please supply the .ini's for that, Dave? Would be great...

I ran a contrast and cooling pass on all the cockpit textures to make it look more like the real thing. Your mileage may vary.

post-9221-0-78129900-1331970558.jpg

looks good

Edited by ToS

The gear and hook levers are moving ugly.

They pivot at the point where they leave the panel instead of moving up/down the guides in the panels with a pivot point farther back.

we cant change that though :(

And externally, the pylons of the external tanks should stay on the aircraft but are dropped with the tanks ...

I´ve added missing details to the ACMI panel, tweaked the colors, increased the contrast of labels, added HUD reflection, corrected the stick labels [...] – will upload soon :drinks:

post-5192-0-24333300-1338459347.jpg

post-5192-0-55785900-1338459407.jpg

Looking forward to it, ToS. I changed the viewing angles and added the Seat_F14 last week, and I was thinking about uploading that with an update of the 3W Tomcat to make it compatible with the TMF AIM-54 (add F14 to the SSC instead of AIM54), along with a slight cockpit mod to the TMF Tomcat (for those of us who don't fly with a full NATOPS manual in our laps). I'll send you my files if you're interested.

As for the A-6 VDI, I don't know enough about modding cockpits to know whether it is possible to change the location of a display (i.e. move the radar display in the 3W A-6 cockpit from the VDI to the radar itself). If this can be done, the VDI would be great. If not, then I would still love to do something for the RAZBAM pit (which has a VDI). Getting the "T" to replace the CDI in the RAZBAM pit would be great as it allows for two-dimensional steering. If anybody is interested, let me know.

EDIT: Regarding the A-6 VDI, AFAIK the Tomcat VDI functionality is part of the F-14 avionics DLL, so that may be a non-starter. Hopefully somebody will tell me that I'm wrong.

Edited by HomeFries

That's accurate, HF. When we added the functional VDI to the TMF Tomcat 'pit (ToS's work, actually) it required the new AvionicsF14A.dll to properly function. The way it is set up right now prevents the VDI from having any other functionality (TCS feedback, for example, is handled on the HSD rather than the VDI screen because of that limitation) - or we just couldn't figure it out, which is entirely possible.

Like the modifications to the stock pit, too guys, good work!

found some time for additional ini-changes (Master Arm is now off when in NAV-Modes) and added the missing ASE circle (comes up when in AA-Mode and missle ready; not fully working but still a good reference to place the steeering T):

post-5192-0-88406600-1344264175_thumb.jpg

On a related note: is it possible to add 3d objects (lods) to a cockpit, e.g. via the fake pilot method?

Cheers,

Chris

Folks,

is there any code to implement an autopilot or wing leveler indicator/light??

I searched a few cockpits with no luck, but it would be good to have a confirmation

Type=AUTO_PILOT

dont know if its working, try to use it like a light...

MovementType=LIGHT

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=1.0

Set[02].Value=1.0

thanks - unfortunately this didn´t work.

I try to add more symbology to the VDI display; however, it seems that many things don´t work on the VDI like they do on the Radar or HUD displays...

small update:

I added a third selectable Master Mode (VDI and HUD), representing the Take Off mode (straight from the NATOPS; also quite usefull in low level flying):

post-5192-0-03337700-1347802715_thumb.jpg

and added CMD markings, Mach and Altitude readouts to the Cruise Mode:

post-5192-0-49990900-1347802786_thumb.jpg

Right now I´m revising the Radar screen, so it resembles more closely the symbology depicted in the NATOPS (and that of the TMF cat).