sorry, I completely forgot about this thread (partly because I haven´t played SF in a while)....

I will pack it up and upload the modified files (no further delevopment beyond the things already described in this thread, though) - two weeks :biggrin:

Awesome, I saw this thread awhile back and figured it had gotten forgot about.Can't wait.

Folks,

is there any code to implement an autopilot or wing leveler indicator/light??

I searched a few cockpits with no luck, but it would be good to have a confirmation

Type=AUTO_PILOT

dont know if its working, try to use it like a light...

MovementType=LIGHT

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=1.0

Set[02].Value=1.0

This works:

Type=AUTOPILOT_INDICATOR

NodeName=MeshName

MovementType=LIGHT

I have this in my C-160 cockpit and can confirm the function. :cool:

Hi everybody,

I´m deeply sorry that I didn’t yet find the time to upload this face-lifting mod. I´m positive that I will be able to upload during the upcoming holidays (probably with an autopilot indicator, thanks to Florain!).

Good news is, that I´m about to bring the same modifications to the TMF B(A+)-model cockpit. During this process I will also clean up the avionics, which were a big mess from the very beginning (I´m allowed to say that since I made them).  

So long,

Chris

Edited by ToS
  • Like 4

ok, just a small update:

I´ve decided to make variant-specific cockpit updates accoring to the F14-variants included in the Tomcat Superpack (excluding the D-models). Avionics were cleaned up and warning lights and inicators are now working as they are suposed to (based on the NATOPS). The VDI symbology was updated and colors were changed according to real-life in-cockpit footage, as well as several texture repaints (including variant-specitic worn-out textures). I´ve still some things to sort out, but we´re getting closer ;)

This is the updated F14A_82 cockpit, which was given a vector RWR (this is a trade off for realism, since the RWR dislay was atually not present in the A-model cockpits at all). 

post-5192-0-37872500-1388756501_thumb.jpg

and this is the current F14B_96 pit, featuring a more worn-out look:

post-5192-0-87221800-1388757017_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Chris,

Those look great!  Neat to see the wear on the later bird's cockpits, too.  Keep up the good work!

Hello ToS,

I've some question about, can you improved the TCS cam on VDI slavinig the tracking whit AWG-9 ?

This is a most important function for F-14 , if possible can you make selectable the TCS cam indipendently by ACM radar mode ? please

In future will be possible to make animation whit refuel prob , swing-wing and glove vanes ? I've some idea about it .. Thanks and regards

Edited by Antares81

Antares,

The TCS can't be slaved to the radar in the Strike Fighters series.  We've tried, others have tried, it isn't a function yet.  Right now the best we have is a fixed camera.  Another limitation is that wherever we put the TCS is also where LANTIRN feedback will be.  We can't split it LANTIRN to HSD, TCS to VDI - we tried that, too.

What seems to be the problem with the swing wing and glove vanes?

Antares,

The TCS can't be slaved to the radar in the Strike Fighters series.  We've tried, others have tried, it isn't a function yet.  Right now the best we have is a fixed camera.  Another limitation is that wherever we put the TCS is also where LANTIRN feedback will be.  We can't split it LANTIRN to HSD, TCS to VDI - we tried that, too.

What seems to be the problem with the swing wing and glove vanes?

Caesar,

was the LANTIRN feedback actually displayed at the HSD? I found no information on this but naturally assumed it would be displayed as part of the VDI TV mode.

If it adds to realism, there may be a way to split LANTIRN and TCS feedbacks to HSD and VDI, respectively (dependant on the selected master mode).

Edited by ToS

ToS,

I've looked back into it, and as it turns out, I had it wrong - the cockpit is correct as it is currently set up with LANTIRN feedback on the VDI.  Since we're dealing with a single cockpit to function as two cockpits, and the RIO sees the LANTIRN feedback on his TID, I had made an assumption that the pilot's LANTIRN feedback was also on the HSD (which does TID repeat (radar screen), NAV and ECMD mode).  I've re-checked the manuals and the pilot's LANTIRN feedback is on the VDI, NOT the HSD!  So, we ought to leave the LANTIRN feedback on the VDI as that is actually accurate.

On 17.3.2012 at 8:50 AM, Julhelm said:

I ran a contrast and cooling pass on all the cockpit textures to make it look more like the real thing. Your mileage may vary.

post-9221-0-78129900-1331970558.jpg

Hi, Please ToS can you Uplod your MOD for the TW pit. I think im to stupid to extract tHe ObjectData025 file to tweak them myself.

On 6.8.2012 at 4:46 PM, ToS said:

found some time for additional ini-changes (Master Arm is now off when in NAV-Modes) and added the missing ASE circle (comes up when in AA-Mode and missle ready; not fully working but still a good reference to place the steeering T):

post-5192-0-88406600-1344264175_thumb.jpg

On a related note: is it possible to add 3d objects (lods) to a cockpit, e.g. via the fake pilot method?

Cheers,

Chris

how to get the ASE circle behind the reference marks???

On 16.9.2012 at 3:42 PM, ToS said:

small update:

I added a third selectable Master Mode (VDI and HUD), representing the Take Off mode (straight from the NATOPS; also quite usefull in low level flying):

post-5192-0-03337700-1347802715_thumb.jpg

and added CMD markings, Mach and Altitude readouts to the Cruise Mode:

post-5192-0-49990900-1347802786_thumb.jpg

Right now I´m revising the Radar screen, so it resembles more closely the symbology depicted in the NATOPS (and that of the TMF cat).

Hi,

What entry i must make, to see the mach and alt readouts? 

• Like 1

F..., What entry i must make to see the Feet in Thousand? Mach readout i checked! but the feet....... I only get 1 per  feet. in the Altitude Readout. I want to start in  1.000 feet.  So i will see only the Thousands Count (10.000) Please, can anybody help me!

Greets

Lex