Hi,

which is the correct order to install the different modules and updates of SF2 ?

i purchased SF2NA and took the opportunity to re-download all the modules i did purchase before.

next i tried to do a completely new vanilla install, starting with the SF2_combo09_web_setup. fine, but when i try to install the next module i get an error message, irrepsective of which module i try first:

sf2_install_error_10.jpg

any help ?

thx

sokol

install each game 1st,the 2012 versions you can install in any order....SF2,SF2E,SF2VIETNAM,SF2ISRAEL,Add ons etc,if u have downloaded the 2012 versions then you can update with the latest only?..

Edited by russouk2004

Hi russo,

that was fast, but i did not get the idea (sometimes stupid me).

all of the versions i dwonloaded seem to be updated to march 2012 standard (at least their names suggest this).

so i started with the combo setup (first file in screenshot above), tried the next - no luck, tried SF2V - no luck either. does the "combo" include all the other modules (except NA) ? am i supposed to start with sf2_setup_Mar2012 ?

This was posted awhile ago by Wrench (I believe). I'm assuming that we install SF2:NA, and then the Exp's

Install Order:

SFP2

SFP2V

SFP2E

SFP2I

Exp 1

Exp 2

Standalone SFP2 install:

Install SFP2 to wherever you want, for the sake of argument to D:\SFP2, patch it. (only the latest SFP2 patch needed)

Go to saved games folder, Thirdwire, SFP2, open options.ini and look for the mods folder line, tell it to use any folder you like, for the sake of convenience D:\SFP2\smods.

Now, this will be your SFP2 only install. So rename the Thirdwire folder in saved games (add an x), just to be sure, add an x to options.ini making it options.inix, these steps are so that the next installer won't see the game, so it will leave it alone.

Standalone SFP2V install:

Install SFP2V to wherever you want, for the sake of argument to D:\SFP2V, patch it. (only the latest SFP2V patch needed)

Go to saved games folder, Thirdwire, SFP2V, open options.ini and look for the mods folder line, tell it to use any folder you like, for the sake of convenience D:\SFP2V\vmods.

Now, this will be your SFP2V only install. So rename the Thirdwire folder in saved games (add an xx), just to be sure, add an xx to options.ini making it options.inixx, these steps are so that the next installer won't see the game, so it will leave it alone.

Standalone merged install:

Install SFP2 to wherever you want for the merged install, for the sake of argument to D:\SFP2VMERGED,

Install SFP2V to exactly where you put SFP2 for the merged install, so in this example to D:\SFP2VMERGED This is your standalone merged install, patch it. (only the latest SFP2V patch needed)

Go to saved games folder, Thirdwire, SFP2V AND SFP2, open BOTH options.ini and look for the mods folder line, tell it to use any folder you like, for the sake of convenience D:\SFP2V\mmods.

To use the SFP2 OR SFP2V ONLY installs, just rename the Thirdwire folder in saved games (E.G. add an xxx to the Thirdwire folder created by the merged install) and delete the x(s) from whichever one of the previous, standalone installs you want to use.

Different mods within each game install (for most people this is all you will need, separate installs are only necessary for compatibility testing etc.):

Within each core install on D drive in this example, you have a mod folder, either smods (SFP2 standalone install), vmods (SFP2V standalone install) or mmods (SFP2/V merged install). You can have as many total game/mod conversions as you want, for example, ODS2, OTC2, NF5 etc ad infinitum without ever needing a separate install, all you have to do is put all the mods for whatever modification into THE mods folder (either smods, vmods or mmods) and when not in use, rename it by adding an x. For example, if you want to install both ODS2 AND NF5 to the merged install described above, install either game mod first, doesn't matter, the mods folder will still be called "mmods". After this total mod is installed, simply rename the mods folder (add an x) and run the game, this will create a new vanilla mods folder, titled whatever you called it in the options.ini and located wherever you told it in the options.ini (mmods in this example, in D\SFP2V\) for you to then install the next total game mod. When you want to use any different mods folders, swap out the x(s) so NO NEED to keep fiddling with the mods folder line in the options ini.

in one of last years patches TK fixed it so you do not have to instal in order. the exception is the Expansion Packs. You HAVE TO HAVE SF2 Isreal before installing the EXP1, and HAVE TO HAVE SF2Europe before installing EXP2. if you install now all games (SF2, SF2Vietnam, etc) will be to the current March2012 patch level.

hope this clears things up for you.

Hi

thanks to all.

problem solved.

i did a mistake when i started the installation with the combo09, which obviously is not necessary any more.

happy flying

sokol

Last night I tested the install process. In order, I installed NA, VN, ER, and Exp2 (or whichever one the Europe Exp. is). Everything shows up in game.

Now, the next issue for me is when I change the exe name, only stuff from that game shows up in the mod folder...

Last night I tested the install process. In order, I installed NA, VN, ER, and Exp2 (or whichever one the Europe Exp. is). Everything shows up in game.

Now, the next issue for me is when I change the exe name, only stuff from that game shows up in the mod folder...

??? should get everything in the merged install, plus any mods added. only running the patch right now not NA, but my Phantom test install works just fine. try deleting the whole mod folder, run the game once then see how it works.

The issue that I'm having is when I rename one of the exes, the mods that are in the saved games folder only reflect that title... I'll keep playing with it.

Looks like I've got everything set for now!:grin: