Having used both..I have to say (after using it for a small Video)...Bandicam is superior to fraps imho.

It's intuative (like Fraps)....but the quality of the recording is much clearer

http://www.bandicam.com/

In FRAPS you have two or three size settings. Did you compare it to "full screen" size, Widowmaker?

In FRAPS you have two or three size settings. Did you compare it to "full screen" size, Widowmaker?

yes I did...superior in my opinion

Having used both..I have to say (after using it for a small Video)...Bandicam is superior to fraps imho.

It's intuative (like Fraps)....but the quality of the recording is much clearer

http://www.bandicam.com/

Greetings Widowmaker!!

I currently use Fraps and just received an upgrade to V3.4.7, Build 13808. I found that the latest Fraps has a considerable improvement in quality over the past version. Can I assume we are comparing Bandicam to this veresion?

Best Regards;

And greetings to you RJW :salute:

Actually...that's a good point!......I am not using the latest version of Fraps..... so, with that in mind, I shall update my version, and try it out. :drinks:

Keep us posted WM. I also have the latest version of FRAPS, but I'm willing to try something new if it will offer an improvement.

Looks like Hellshade has been experimenting with it too

Well, thanks for the headsup re: New Fraps...I have upgraded it..and yes, a great improvement on previous releases!

I would (now) put them about level in quality! :good:

Well, thanks for the headsup re: New Fraps...I have upgraded it..and yes, a great improvement on previous releases!

I would (now) put them about level in quality! :good:

Thanks for your testing and reporting back!!

I didn't want to purchase another product and wasn't sure the free ware version would be as good as the purchased version.

Oh I'm Billy Muggins,

Commonly know as the Juggins!

Silly

Billy

That's what my pals call me!!

I'm quite content

With my little lot

I'm satisfied

With the Huns I ain't shot

For I'm silly Billy

And that's what I'll always be!

Cherrio!

Edited by rjw

Made a full-screen test video yesterday, and it looked great in FRAPS. After the update, of course.

One thing that annoys me in Fraps is the frame counter which doubles to indicate you are recording. If you enable it, you have to press the fps key 4 times to remove it from the screen to avoid recording it with your video - then once to bring it back to check your recording finished whatever. Sounds OK, but in practive you often press the key once too often or something so end up pressing it 8 times or more - not very user friendly. Basically each press moves it to another corner of the screen then finally off the screen - very cumbersome.

Given recording takes up massive amounts of HD space it's important to make sure your video has stopped recording of course.

Another is Playclaw 3 which is getting better. This also has the option to show a fps counter (and may other useful items) on screen and NOT record them either. So you can see you are recording, and not have to keep pressing keys, plus it has in game configuration menu and many more features.

I have had more crashes from it than Fraps but it's a new major release so will give it a bit of time.

I'm having a problem getting Bandicam to work with OFF. It literally does not appear to realize that OFF is the target window. Anyone else having this issue?

As for Bandicam vs Fraps, it's a toss up. Fraps has better video quality, but the size of the file is so huge that I have to run it through a video converter program in order to make it small enough to upload to youtube. Bandicam's video isn't as clear as Fraps, however by the time youtube gets done butchering the quality of a Fraps recording, a lot of the detail is gone anyways, making it a bit of a wash.

I'll have to give Playclaw 3 a try Pol. Sounds like it might be worth a look if it has so more configuration options.

Hellshade

I'm having a problem getting Bandicam to work with OFF. It literally does not appear to realize that OFF is the target window. Anyone else having this issue?

As for Bandicam vs Fraps, it's a toss up. Fraps has better video quality, but the size of the file is so huge that I have to run it through a video converter program in order to make it small enough to upload to youtube. Bandicam's video isn't as clear as Fraps, however by the time youtube gets done butchering the quality of a Fraps recording, a lot of the detail is gone anyways, making it a bit of a wash.

I'll have to give Playclaw 3 a try Pol. Sounds like it might be worth a look if it has so more configuration options.

Hellshade

Some interesting observations Hellshade!

I have recently discovered another tool which is very useful in sharing large files with other people. You may already be aware of it. It is called "DropBox". It initially gives you 2 gig of space for sharing for free.

It is a cloud sharing interface which allows you to set up directories and sharing options on your computer which are then emulated on a cloud server which is freeware based.

You can then give users access to these cloud directories and contents. Any time you drop a file in one of the directories on your computer it is immediately uploaded to the corresponding directory on the cloud. Any user who has access and is running DropBox immediately has the file downloaded into his corresponding directory for access. Once you set it up you can basically forget about file handling and just drop files into your folders on your

computer.

Best Regards;

Some interesting observations Hellshade!

I have recently discovered another tool which is very useful in sharing large files with other people. You may already be aware of it. It is called "DropBox". It initially gives you 2 gig of space for sharing for free.

It is a cloud sharing interface which allows you to set up directories and sharing options on your computer which are then emulated on a cloud server which is freeware based.

You can then give users access to these cloud directories and contents. Any time you drop a file in one of the directories on your computer it is immediately uploaded to the corresponding directory on the cloud. Any user who has access and is running DropBox immediately has the file downloaded into his corresponding directory for access. Once you set it up you can basically forget about file handling and just drop files into your folders on your

computer.

Best Regards;

Have they 'upped it' then?...used to be 1 gig.

If so, that'll be doubly handy!

Have they 'upped it' then?...used to be 1 gig.

If so, that'll be doubly handy!

In response to your ?: You may be correct, but I know that if you promote others to use the facility they up your limit for each individual you add and this applies to the individual as well.

I happened to inherit my limit due to participation with other users. In summary, the more who share, the more space u get!

The only draw back is that in busy times I think the uploads may be throttled somewhat. I haven't confirmed this but suspect it. 1.5 gig file upload took approx 5 hours on a busy saturday afternoon so if u are in a hurry this could be an issue but for me it typically isn't.

Hope that helps