shredward

Bletchley's AA Mod

Bletchley has just uploaded his new AA mod:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12747-bletchleys-aa-mod/

A gradual progression in accuracy and density of AA bursts as you progress from 1915 through to 1918.

When the campaign transitions from one date period to another just de-activate the current file and activate the next one.

I use this mod by selecting 'Normal' in Workshop settings for an 'active' front, 'Easy' for a 'quiet' front and 'Hard' for balloon attack missions. But on each workshop setting there is a gradual progression in accuracy and density of AA bursts as you progress from 1915 through to 1918, so you can just stick to one workshop setting if you prefer to use it this way, or find your own combination of settings.

This mod works well with my earlier mods, as it changes different files and settings, but. It will not work with any other AA mods that are installed via JGSME into the WWI Scenery folder.

Bletchley

Thanks Bletch!:good:

Great! :drinks:

OFF2 won't need any such mods, because it will already work like that out of the box, right? :grin:

Thanks for the mod, Bletchley, and for the info, Shredder.

I guess I can't make any "Workshop" choices per flight in a campaign though, as I only see in the "Briefing",

what the next mission will be - and the "Briefing" is beyond the "Workshops". Or did I miss something?

@33LIMA

Does Bletchley's AA Mod supercede your Flak Mod? or can I just let JSGME over-write with any particular new files that Bletchley has in his mod?

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

Thank you for posting it here Shredward :)

Olham, when asigned a balloon attack mission you can back-out back to the stage where you can access the workshop settings. When you return again, you will still have a balloon attack mission asigned (though it will ptobably be a different balloon now).

OlPaint - no, you cannot use my flak mod with 33Lima's flak mod. They both change the same files/settings, so whichever one you activate last will overwrite the earlier one.

Bletchley

Alright, thanks, Bletchley.

Great! :drinks:

OFF2 won't need any such mods, because it will already work like that out of the box, right? :grin:

Correct - in OFF2 the flak scale, deployment and accuracy changes over the years of the war dynamically.

HTH

WM

Short - and sweeeeet!

Damn, I bet you devs see a very different OFF on your screens already!

Thanks Bletchley for the clarification. I will give your AA Mod a test after removing 33Lima's Flak mod first.

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

Excellent mod Bletchley, and great news that this is already incorporated in OFF2.

So, two weeks then? :grin:

Correct - in OFF2 the flak scale, deployment and accuracy changes over the years of the war dynamically.

HTH

WM

Rather impressive, sir. Salute.gif

Hellshade

I thought that would be the case. Good to see I wasn't wrong. It's indeed an impressive dedication to detail and historical research.:drinks:

It's great that OFF can be modded (and there are some great people making the mods), but the less mods are needed, the better. An ideal situation would be to have such a perfect sim that there would be no need for users to modify any part of it. And it looks like OFF2 is heading in that direction. :grin:

Ideally it would be great to have the "perfect sim" that requires no mods, but to be fair to the Devs - every user has their own idea of "perfect" so that is not a very realistic goal. That said, I feel OFF 2 will be an ideal sim because the Devs have worked so hard to think of and incorporate everything they possibly can into it and then the community has dedicated and skilled modders to make the personal "tweaks" to cater to various users desires. Add to that a friendly, helpful forum community that is well versed in all things WWI and I'd say that's about as ideal as anyone could hope for.

Hellshade

Also, modding extends the shelf life of a game... CFS3, IL2, Skyrim, etc.. Creating and testing mods is almost as fun as playing the sim. Just wish there was an equivalent of a "creation kit" for OFF2 so that modding can be a bit simpler for the common folk. :umnik:

Also, modding extends the shelf life of a game... CFS3, IL2, Skyrim, etc.. Creating and testing mods is almost as fun as playing the sim. Just wish there was an equivalent of a "creation kit" for OFF2 so that modding can be a bit simpler for the common folk. :umnik:

Absolutely true. There are always some things that can be added or changed. But the ideal situation is to have the game in such a good state out of the box that there are no obvious flaws or anything that desperately needs to be fixed by mods. It also makes it simpler to manage things when you don't have a million mods that may cause some unexpected trouble.