Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

and the first OFF 2 expansion will be called...

Since the main page shows the name to be "Over Flanders Fields 2" for the software formerly known as Phase 4, I'm quite positive the first expansion is going to be called: Weaponized Aerial Recon.

OFF 2 WAR!

lol.gif

Hellshade

Interesting, Hellshade.

if you are going to talk expansion packs, how about 1

covering the Italian campaign with a/c to match ?

And mid east.

Cheers

How about "Richthofen Over Flanders" aka R.O.F. Just kidding! :yikes:

Eheheh! That was a good one. :drinks:

How about "Richthofen Over Flanders" aka R.O.F. Just kidding! :yikes:

Except in RoF you can't do a proper Richthofen career as most of the planes he faced don't exist in that game. And most probably never will.

But it'll have obscure seaplanes. :rofl:

Careful now, we don't want the poor old ostrich to die for nothing.

Except in RoF you can't do a proper Richthofen career as most of the planes he faced don't exist in that game. And most probably never will.But it'll have obscure seaplanes. :rofl:

Nor the planes he built his reputation on, I must add... :grin:

(Albatros D.III, D.V)

:drinks: Expansion Packs: Home Defense. Thrashing the dreaded Zepplin and Gotha Menace

Adlers Flug : Thrashing the Tommie with formations of Gotha's

Edited by carrick58

How about "Richthofen Over Flanders" aka R.O.F. Just kidding!

:grin:

Or ROFF .. Richthofen over Flanders Fields ... no one will be able to find any similarity off this name oops wait

Gentlemen, whatever differences we may have with the owner of 777 Studios, let's keep it with him and not turn this into a sim vs sim thread, please. OBD showed incredible class and restraint in their measured response to the blatantly false accusations made against them. Let's do them the honor of matching their class. Everyone is free to enjoy whatever flight sim makes them happy and no flight sim is perfect, no matter how strong our personal preferences might be. The biggest lesson I learned over the recent dust up was just how lucky we are to have such great developers.

Hellshade

I'm a little bit confused.

When and why have we started calling P4 - OFF2?

I don't mind the confusion, what's in a name? But am I missing part of the plot here?

All of us old socks have already got P2 and mine is very nearly worn out. All the aircraft are clapped out, the war was a stalemate, and everybody is very low on ammunition. We were already discussing an armistace when P3 came along.

Heyyyyy! I just noticed I passed my 1000'th post and I'm elite now!

Happy eliteness to me,

Happy eliteness to me..... :drinks:

Congratz Flyby PC!

I can understand the confusion. But it's not P2 as in "Phase 2". It's OFF 2 as in "Over Flanders Fields 2.0"

I think the Devs just wanted to shorten the name. I'm not 100% sure that OFF 2 is what the official name is going to be, but judging by the front page where they call it "OFF 2 - formerly known as P4", I'm guessing that's what they decided sir. Keeps the name brand alive.

Hellshade

I believe it was changed to reflect the fact that the product is so different from P2/P3 that is deserves the next "step". Hence: OFF2.

Congrats, Flyby - I always forget to check my own number of posts. Helluvalot!

I guess I must soon spend bucketsful of virtual beer.

I'm a little bit confused.

When and why have we started calling P4 - OFF2?

I don't mind the confusion, what's in a name? But am I missing part of the plot here?

All of us old socks have already got P2 and mine is very nearly worn out. All the aircraft are clapped out, the war was a stalemate, and everybody is very low on ammunition. We were already discussing an armistace when P3 came along.

I think everyone should P4 before OFF2.

So long as the first mod is NOT 'Sheep Sh**gers of the Western Front' I'll be happy (just because OFF2 screenies show sheep in fields, doesn't mean we have to simulate that kind of thing.

Besides which, that would be a good name for an online squadron, if there's MP - any takers??? :)

Edited by 33LIMA

Expansion Packs: Home Defense. Thrashing the dreaded Zepplin and Gotha Menace

There's Zeppelins in the preview movie, Home Defence may be in from the... er... OFF, so to speak.

:salute: Sounds like a cool expansion, Posted on Leave to England and ploped into Home Defense to thwart the Zeppelins without even a Howdy Doo. :rofl: