Hi,

Sorry to bother you, But I have a dumb question- What key ,or combo ,do you press to get a canopy to close? I ran into this with an F-89d that I downloaded. There isn't anything in the manual that I can find. Is it one of the animation keys?

Deanklef

by Modder Consesus, Shift/0

make sure your animation keys are set in the controls ini. You can set (or change them), from the /Options/Controls/Customize panel

basically, following standard numbering;

animaitonID=1 , Shift/1

and so for until

animationID=10, Shift/0

by Modder Consesus, Shift/0

make sure your animation keys are set in the controls ini. You can set (or change them), from the /Options/Controls/Customize panel

basically, following standard numbering;

animaitonID=1 , Shift/1

and so for until

animationID=10, Shift/0

Hi Wrench ,

I went to the controls folder in the game and cked the animation keys they were all set as you said to do, tried again and no luck although I did find that Enter/S causes the canopy to open all the way and Enter/D will close it to the 6inch wide gap I had before. I tried the F-89J and C and their canopys are closed .Would it be possble to copy some thing from them to get the closed canopy? they are all by MontyCZ.

Thanks,

Deranklef

iirc, one model never moved for me ... and as I'm all SF2.... I can check the ones I have.

edit:

F-89D/H/J

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

AnimationTime=3.0

AnimationID=7

Edit#2:

ok, anything using the F89C lod will NOT have a working canopy ... just check ALL of them, only those using the F89D lods have cut meshs that support opening windows.

from the readme, for the full package for SF2:

On such aircraft that have operating canopies (those that use the F-89D lod), the canopy works via a manual animation key, shift/0. Unfortunately, those that use the F-89C lod, do not.

sorry!

on those that do (D/H/J) make sure the CanopyNodeName= reads CanopyFrame. It's down in the /crew sections, where the pilots are

Edited by Wrench

iirc, one model never moved for me ... and as I'm all SF2.... I can check the ones I have.

edit:

F-89D/H/J

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

AnimationTime=3.0

AnimationID=7

Edit#2:

ok, anything using the F89C lod will NOT have a working canopy ... just check ALL of them, only those using the F89D lods have cut meshs that support opening windows.

from the readme, for the full package for SF2:

sorry!

on those that do (D/H/J) make sure the CanopyNodeName= reads CanopyFrame. It's down in the /crew sections, where the pilots are

Ok, I went to the crew section and changed to "CanopyFrame", tried the animation keys, still no luck.

Here is what I found in the canopy section of the Data ini-

[Canopy1]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

Setting[1].Angle=45.0

Setting[1].DeployValue=7.5

Setting[1].RetractValue=7.0

MaxDeflection=45.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=1.0

AnimationID=7

MaxControlSpeed=80

ModelNodeName=CanopyFrame

;ReverseModelOrientation=FALSE

Does this seem wrong anywere?

Deanklef

don't know which version you're using, but that isn't the latest one. What I'd reccomend, is just d/l the SF2 versions ... they'll work just fine in 1stGens.

you'll probably have to down-convert the weapons, but pretty easy

Edited by Wrench

don't know which version you're using, but that isn't the latest one. What I'd reccomend, is just d/l the SF2 versions ... they'll work just fine in 1stGens.

you'll probably have to down-convert the weapons, but pretty easy

Got it, now how do I down covert the weapons. I' ve never done that before?

Thanks ,

Deanklef

same as adding weapons has always been in 1stGens ... you'll just need to copyp the various weapons folders from the pak to the main /Weapons folder (assuming an 08 level game, of course), then copy/paste the ENTRIES from the seperate weaponsdata inis (that are IN the folder), into the main weapondata ini, renumbering as necessary, then run the 08 level weapons editor

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, But I have a dumb question- What key ,or combo ,do you press to get a canopy to close? I ran into this with an F-89d that I downloaded. There isn't anything in the manual that I can find. Is it one of the animation keys?

Deanklef

Thanks Wrench,

I got the SF2 f-89 working good.

Thanks again,

Deanklef