DBR26

Does anyone use the same hardware as me?

First off, I'd like to say hello to everybody on the forum from an armchair pilot looking to move into the next generation of flight sims.

Secondly, I was wondering if anybody runs OFF using the hardware I have. I have a Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz processor with 1.5 gigs of RAM and a NVidia GeForce 7300 LE graphics card. I was told by OBD support I was probably okay to run OFF, but I thought I would check here first to see if anyone uses similar hardware or could post screen shots of what the game would look like using similar hardware.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam

I ran the original on a similar system and it worked and looked OK. I have and upgraded system that I use now.

First off, I'd like to say hello to everybody on the forum from an armchair pilot looking to move into the next generation of flight sims.

Secondly, I was wondering if anybody runs OFF using the hardware I have. I have a Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz processor with 1.5 gigs of RAM and a NVidia GeForce 7300 LE graphics card. I was told by OBD support I was probably okay to run OFF, but I thought I would check here first to see if anyone uses similar hardware or could post screen shots of what the game would look like using similar hardware.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam

I had a system like that same Graphics Card cant remember if it was a Pentium 4, but close and the system worked for OFF and some Battlefield games. U can look in to my gallery of pics I think about 1/2 were from that system. Hope this Helps and welcome to OFF. :this:

Many thanks to both of you! Hopefully I'll be in the skys soon.

Adam

My second PC is nearly the same P4 3.0 but a 7900 GS AGP graphics card, so my card is a little better from what I can tell. You should be good to go, just start with the sliders on 2 or 3, not 4 / 5.

My newer PC a dual core 3.1 gig with ATI 6870 only just runs it better. Possibly because of the DDR3 memory.

I think the developers have stated it is CPU bound and if that is the case most modern CPU's are not much faster then yours, but other system components seem to help as well. FSX is the same unless you overclock modern PC's are only just better than an up to date P4.

Cheers MarkL

Thats always been one of the plus things about OFF...never needed 'amazing' hardware to run it

Sounds like you're not yet an OFF pilot, DBR, but want to become one?

Well, anyway - welcome to OFF!

You should try all sliders on "5" except "Terrain Detail", which looks great already on "3",

and "Scenery Detail", which may be on "2" or "3" - if that works fine, you could still raise them.

In "Workshops", you may also select for "Ground object density" = "low" or "medium",

which might also unburden the CPU.

With all these measures, OFF still looks perfectly fine - no losses really; just a little less "finesse".

Edited by Olham

Thanks to all of you! You're correct, Olham, I am not yet an OFF pilot, but with the suggestions and reassurances that all of you have given me, I think I might be one soon.

If you are into really immersive WW1 air combat history and flying - join the band!

Welcome to the community DBR26. :salute: Should you choose to take to the skies you could not have chosen a better WWI sim and a more friendly community.