Open Ocean test map

View File

FOR SF2:North Atlantic ONLY!

This is simple open waters map, for testing purposes.

Whole map consists only of single 100x100 kilometers plane, repeating self to create 1000x1000 kilometers map.

Water file is defined, so are locations of Friendy and Enemy task forces spawn points.

I decided NOT to include any test islands so far to keep it clean of any land areas.

For testing/evaluation purposes ONLY

I've included simple Max files used to created this terrain, one is 1000x1000 KM mesh, the other, used in this map is 100x100 KM on

Does this mean we can have better water on the other maps too? Thanks man!

not on stock ones or those in older format terrain editor created, this is new created in max that's why it can have proper mesh name that automatically adds water effect to the mesh

What i asked my self all the time i saw the new water, can the water colour be changed?! the north atlantic is not so bright blue?!

The North Atlantic Drift part of Gulfstream is in fact that blue. As you can see I've included modified colours water files, to no effect sadly :dntknw:

Thanks Stary.

Note: The watermap is not 8bits, that's why in my install I couldn't insert any ships using ME, because the whole map is considered to be land.

Here's a converted watermap that fixes it for me. ocean_water.rar

hmm, I have friendly task force showing

we could call this "Indian Ocean" grin.gif

the north Atlantic is not so bright blue?!

Oh Really? And you know this because.....? :grin:

I love how all these self-proclaimed experts who never even seen an ocean, like to make statements like this.....Not so much you, Blackbird, I'm referring to some bozo at SimHQ proclaimed that since the St Lawrence river's water was "Grey" than so must everything else.

This is a video of tuna fishing the Azores, right smack in the middle of the North Atlantic....does the water in the vdeo look over-saturated to you? If so, then take it up with God :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKvR2VV6MY&feature=related

Estuarine and near coastal water may be Grey-green, dark-green, or blue-green, but deep, offshore water is blue, and Gulf Stream water is imperial-blue.

• Dislike 1

That is a big a$$ fish!!!

As for the ocean colour, I have not yet picked up SF NA , but judging by the sky reflections on the water in the many screen shots, I bet the water colour will look much less.....saturated with an overcast sky...... Just like it does in real life

Oh Really? And you know this because.....? :grin:

I love how all these self-proclaimed experts who never even seen an ocean, like to make statements like this

armchair experts FTW! :rofl:

(and yes, I've seen few seas and one ocean in my life, flew over one once)