gerwin

Classic Fighters Anthology Midi Music

This week I gave it another try to get that midi music out of the classic Jane's Fighters Anthology game.

I managed to get it out by fooling FA Toolkit in some sneaky way.

It is midi music so it requires a (software) synthesizer to be available. Windows XP has one, don't know about Vista etc.

Also it is XMI format: meaning that every XMI track contains a collection of subsongs that can be combined in many ways.

Therefor I also included two XMI players for windows. Command line players, so just drag and drop your files on them, or

use the included batch file "start".

Edit: Added USNF and converted everything to the normal midi format, download is updated:

Jane's USNF + Fighters anthology midi music

The music is sometimes quite cool, other times it sucks.

(PS. Check these files with your own scanner if you want, I only use MS security essentials now)

Edited by gerwin

I updated this package:

It is now categorized.

Also it is easier to play the tracks.

Another update:

I noticed Jane's US Navy Fighters has different music tracks, these are now included.

Another update:

I noticed Jane's US Navy Fighters has different music tracks, these are now included.

Much appreciated, I've been looking for the music from USNF for so long.

A while ago i was messing with the music files and I found out that none of the XMI subsong features are used.
So there is no loss when converting the whole lot to ordinary midi files. Will upload a new package later.

Edited by gerwin

Can this be integrated into Strike Fighters 2???

I do not know how to integrate it, but sometimes I start a playlist then run SF2 while keeping the music in the background.

I updated the package, all is in .mid format now.

The quality of the music depends on the quality of the midi synthesizer used for playing these files.

MS Windows includes a Roland sample set software synthesizer that is OK.