Sign in to follow this  
cgold

Knockin' off the rust...

Wow... It has been a long while since I have been involved with Strike Fighters... with college firing up, getting a computer that actually can do some graphics crunching... the Third Wire sims faded into memory for a while... but here I am again... knockin' off the rust...

I have been reading the knowledge base and learning up on how to md the SF2 versions of Thrid Wire's sim's... (since the last I was involved, it was the much simpler SF: Project 1 days...

I recently got SF2: North Atlantic and I've created the folders where everything needs to go... I've added aircraft, weapons, menu screens/sounds, and the like... under the Users/(username)/Saved Games/...wherever the rest goes...

The only folder that is mis-behaving is the 'Effects' folder... flares, afterburners, and some other effects don't show... (flak, missile flames, etc.)

What is it that's messing up? (besides me...) :blink:

Edited by cgold

You might need to be more specific and call out what aircraft is giving you grief. You may have a missmatch between what effects are in your folder and what are being referenced in the aircraft's INI files. SF1 aircraft will probably need modifications to look right in SF2, for instance.

Just a thought....

Welcome back cgold - What effects are you putting in? if they are old they might be missing ini statements.

Welcome back cgold - What effects are you putting in? if they are old they might be missing ini statements.

Let me patch up some holes in the frame here...

I'm running Windows 7/64-bit (if this helps...)

I recently downloaded SF2: North Atlantic and let the folders that needed to be created be created (for mods and etc.)

I have the effects folder right in with the rest (objects/pilotdata/sounds/etc.) and nothing is showing up...

Afterburners, flares, flak explosions, and some others are not showing.

Is there something I need to add to the .ini files?

I read the Knowledge Base, and I'm still a little hazy on "re-naming" things...

All materials called out by an effect require a shader association, as everything is now shader driven. Just keep it simple, download and install one of Stary's recent effects packs.

All materials called out by an effect require a shader association, as everything is now shader driven. Just keep it simple, download and install one of Stary's recent effects packs.

Hey Fubar... I found Stary's profile...

but I must be a complete idiot... Where can I find one of those effect packs that you mentioned?

I looked under the SF 2 Downloads page and nowhere is there an effects page...

(tells you how far behind I am... :blink: )

Hey Fubar... I found Stary's profile...

but I must be a complete idiot... Where can I find one of those effect packs that you mentioned?

I looked under the SF 2 Downloads page and nowhere is there an effects page...

(tells you how far behind I am... :blink: )

Here you go.

http://combatace.com/files/file/11802-unified-effects-pack-10/

http://combatace.com/files/file/11803-unified-effects-pack-10-muzzle-flashes-fix/