Sign in to follow this  
steelflanker

Help with editing the Viewlist?

Personalizing my viewlist & adding a few of Stary’s & PureBlue’s tweaks to it. :grin:

I’ve added a working pannable weapons view that I used to use aged ago but it messes up the F12 Action Cam view.

I’m seriously out of my depth when it comes to understanding how the viewlist works, so any suggestions on how I can get a panable F9 Weapons View with out breaking the F12 Action Cam would be gratefully received.

Thank SF

Here’s the old but working entry's I’ve used: Probably a lot of unnecessary & outdated entry's in there?

[ViewClass011]

ViewClassName=WeaponViewClass

ViewType=TRACKING_VIEW

ViewGroupID=4

DefaultView=FreeView

AllowFromDiffGroup=TRUE

SnapView=FALSE

InsideView=FALSE

FOV=45.0

ObjectDistance=40

PitchControl=CAMERA_PITCH_AXIS

YawControl=CAMERA_YAW_AXIS

RollControl=

ZoomControl=CAMERA_ZOOM_CONTROL

JumpToViewSameGroup=TRUE

JumpToViewDiffGroup=TRUE

SmoothAngleTransition=FALSE

SmoothPositionTransition=FALSE

SmoothFOVTransition=TRUE

RememberAngle=TRUE

RememberPosition=TRUE

RememberFOV=TRUE

TrackObjectPitch=FALSE

TrackObjectYaw=FALSE

TrackObjectRoll=FALSE

LimitPitch=TRUE

LimitYaw=FALSE

ZoomFOV=FALSE

ZoomScale=0.04

PanScale=0.00140

MinSpeed=100.0

MaxSpeed=63550000.0

Acceleration=63510000.0

AngleRates=720.0,600.0,600.0

FOVRate=60.0

MinAngles=0.0,-100.0,0.0

MaxAngles=0.0,100.0,0.0

//distance to zoom

MinObjectDistance=3.0

MaxObjectDistance=1200.0

OffsetDistance=0.0

ResetTime=5.5

[View024]

ViewName=WeaponView

ViewClassName=WeaponViewClass

UpdateAlways=TRUE

ViewGotoControl=GOTO_VIEW_WEAPON

CycleNextControl=GOTO_VIEW_WEAPON

CyclePrevControl=GOTO_VIEW_WEAPON

ObjectFrom=SearchPlayerWeapon

PositionOffsets=0.0,-15.0,0.0

AngleOffsets=0.0,-15.0,0.0

Hi Steelflanker,

Thanks for your contribution on the view list. I am even more in the dark about this than you are. My problem is adjusting the Field of View for a three screen Nvidia surround set up. I need to find the values which alter the FOV, and play around with them to shift the FOV back. At the moment on all the Strike Fighters 2 series, as well as First Eagles 2, I have the sensation of having my nose jammed up against the gunsight, which more or less fills the screen. Can you tell me where the viewlist file is found? Has anyone else got a Nvidia surround setup and have managed to alter the FOV? Thanks again for your valued help.

@steelflanker, it messes the weapon/missle views in the Action Cam right?

Perhaps you can create a new view and not touch the default weaponview, just like I did for the alt+8, "view all weps"

Edit: doesn't having CycleNextControl and Prev assigned to the same key cause a problem...?

@peter, I think Skatezilla had a great post about multiple monitors and FOV, either in Thirdwire or simhq boards.

Edited by PureBlue

Thanks for the reply guys. :good:

I’d forgotten about this as the post disappeared down the form. lol

@steelflanker, it messes the weapon/missle views in the Action Cam right?

Yes, that's the problem. It flickers back & forth as if it can’t decide what view to select.

The weapons view works great though & you're able to pan & zoom as your missile or bomb makes it way to its target.

Perhaps you can create a new view and not touch the default weaponview, just like I did for the alt+8, "view all weps"

I had a go at this but didn’t manage to get it to work. I’ll give it another go when I get home from work tomorrow.

Any sugestions in the meantime would be welcome.

doesn't having CycleNextControl and Prev assigned to the same key cause a problem...?

Honestly I don' know? This is a copy & past I’ve kept from the first SFP1 series. I can't for the life of me remember who made it either.

I’ve juts removed the CycleNextControl & its made no difference.

This is a great little view mod & I hope we can get it working either as the standard F9 Weapon view or as an extra entry.

My apologies PureBlue! :blush:

Seems I didn’t pay enough attention when checking out your viewlist & that you have the pannable weapons view all sorted & working.

Some how I miss this one.....

[View033]

ViewName=PB_WeaponViewAll

And like you said, adding it as an additional view works with out upsetting the Action Cam.

Could have saved myself a lot of head banging if I looked a little closer. :fool:

Thanks for the reply & a fantastic view list too.

SF