Sign in to follow this  
dorucp

Gun aiming in air to air

Hi, I play SF2 E and I observe that when engage other aircrafts with guns, the bullets go under/beyond the target (the reticle is on the target and radar lock) even at 400 meters.

This is happen with the stock models and with added aircrafts. What can cause that? Is any settings to fix that?

I have made no changes to guns such as bullets speed or rate of fire.

This is very annoiyng, spray all the ammo into the sky.

Thanks.

GeForce Go 7400

Centrino Core 2 Duo

DDR2 - 2GB

Win 7

The lead calculating reticle has never been perfect for me either. I just don't bother with it. I find my own judgement to be more accurate.

I have never found it perfect since I started with SF1 back in the early days... hell somedays I even miss hitting bombers with the gun I have found getting under .3nm or .5km and filling the screen with the bad guy jet and firing usually works most times... also hitting a aerial target with the gun takes practice...

follow the traces not the reticle lear to use whit eazy in a frist fewe missions the go you usal mod for ammo setting

Its a question of experience. If you know where you have to aim, you will hit the enemy. Often it helps to switch of the radar and aim manually.

When you get used to one plane and then switch to another...the transition is often a tale of incompetence.

one more hint try to aim ahead of your target remenber its not a fixe target

From personal experience all I can give you is one piece of advice;

Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice :minigun:

I just walk the tracers over the target and I only fire when I am smelling the guys aftershave.

indeed, unless the HUD keeps the crosshairs while using the gun in A2A mode, (Mirage3C, Crusader) i prefer to keep the sight caged. However, the colimator can be useful when a radar lock in a target with a steady aspect.

Anyway, basically you would have to switch your Mark I Guts Fire control (sounds bad, and probably smells worse) between two types of cannon, 20mm and 30mm.