Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Buddy's re-modified DM

Buddy posted a new DM where he tweaked some of HPWs and FBs DM mods and I gotta say I really enjoy it. No flying flamers or flying tanks. A few rounds doesn't just cripple your enemies or your aircrafts ability to manuever much at all, keeping the fights dangerous longer. Nothing is perfect but it's a very enjoyable DM mod, making the combat longer lasting and more challenging without falling into the "flying tank" issue. Head over to the mods section if you want to give it a try. Nice job Buddy.

Hellshade

Pups vs Pfalz DIIIs using Buddy's Re-modified DM. You'll see me take hits several times during the fight but still be able to keep a good portion of my agility in the air. Same goes for the AI.

Pups vs Pfalz (720 HD)

Hellshade

Thanks for the endorsement Hellshade. I enjoyed tweaking the files and testing them.

I also encourage others to try it out and let me know if there are any problems.

Reading and looking very promising, Buddy - I'll test it over the weekend.

Gee, modders modding modders' mods - how does it feel, Herr Prop-Wasche?

Well, it's for a good cause.

Edit: I searched high and low to find that Jasta with the green tail, cause the only "greentails" I knew were those of Jasta 5,

but they never had the Pfalz D.IIIa. Seeing through the aces I found him - he was Jasta 10 ace Georg Hecht.

Edited by Olham

Just a personal preference, but for whatever reason I seem to think it works better when I turn OFF HPW's AI weight mod. When that's on and using Buddy's re-modded DM mod, some of the AI - especially Pfalz DIIIs seem to want to pull up until they stall out and then just drop straight down a bit too often. Only tried it with and without a few times but it seems like it makes a difference to me, for whatever it's worth.

Hellshade

@Hellshade

We are getting so many custom FM and DM mods published that it is hard to decide which ones are best and how they interact for 'good or evil.' Have you tried HPW's Lighter AI Weight Mod with Buddy1998's Modified DM yet?

@Herr Prop-Wasche

Can you give us an update on status of your Grand FM Mod that is tuned to your Lighter AI Weight Mod?

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

Nice work Buddy. I'll definitely take a look to see what you have done. Any hints before I take a look?

@Hellshade

Not sure why Buddy's DM and the AI weight mod don't seem to get along. Do you have the same issue with the Pfalz when using either stock or my DM and the AI weight mod? My guess is that the extra weight on the AI Pfalz has thrown the AI weight balance slightly out of whack. I didn't get a chance to test every plane, so I have to rely on other people to let me know if there is a problem with a particular plane. When I get a chance, I'll take a look at the AI Pfalz.

@OlPaint01

I am just about done remodding and retesting all of the planes that will be in my modified FM. After that, I "just" have to copy the QC cfg and air files to all of the other plane folders, put them in a zip file, and send them off the Madmatt, who has agreed to make an installation program so you can install one, some, or all of the planes in my modified FM. Madmatt is a former employee and programmer for Battlefront games, so I'm sure that whatever he comes up with will be great. ETA, two weeks! :wink:

Not a hint, but need your assistance. See, this DM still needs some more tweaking to get it closer to my liking, but I'm not sure how I can accomplish it.

1. I kept the threshold of most of the planes external structures at "60" or below as I was thinking that it would become nonfunctional if at least 60% damage is done. The exceptions were pilots, guns, and body of the plane. The problem this causes is that one of the wings seem a bit to easy to snap off when taking a few concentrated hits. Could the external stress of the structure - say if the plane was making a turn - cause the weakened wing to eventually snap or do I need to adjust something?

2. One thing that I did different from the DMs was that I kept most of the probabilities at "100" to take into account bullet spread can hit anything unless aiming for a specific structure. Having said this, I lowered the threshold of the "oil_reservoir" and "fuel tank" to take into account that a few direct hits would be enough to cause the contents to spill out or the fuel to explode. However, For a lack of knowledge of where the "oil_reservoir" was on these planes, it seems that damage to the "oil_reservoir" doesn't do anything I can see or notice. Are the numbers wrong in the file?

3. I noticed that the hit points used by Fortiesboy's DM were the same ones used when it was just BHaH, which I assumed was a better representation of the fragility of the craft at that time. So, most of the hit points don't go above "200". I guess if I knew how many hit points damage each bullet can do, maybe this can be adjusted further.

4. A lot of other structures I kept at the default values in HiTR because I don't know where on the plane they are being represented like "canopy", "damagebox_fuselage_aft" and ""Damagebox_r_horizontal"

So, what I would like to see is:

1. The wings don't snap off so easily

2. An oil leak does something that I can see or feel besides smoke.

Also, I'd like to refine the probabilities to hit the structures within a range between 30 to 100, but I'm not sure which ones to adjust.

Oh! and thanks for making a great FM and DM mod which helped me to customize my own.

which version is it for? Stock? With HITR? what patch level? Forgive me asking, been a while since I put my whole folder to backup drive

(without uninstalling so reverting is a 5 15 minutes copy)

@Buddy1998

I have taken both your 'Modified DM' files and your 'Modified OFF Missions' files and loaded them into Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) friendly format. It makes it so much easier to swap the date-dependant mission files in and out of the game. Can I PM copies to you to look over?

OlPaint01

Yes, that's a good idea. I don't use JSGME, but let me take a look and I can upload it with this format.

Buddy,

I'll be glad to help you, but right now I'm having a computer problem (so I'm using my Dad's computer). I'll try and respond tomorrow or Sunday.

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

@Abbay

Buddy1998's mods got moved to the proper CombatAce OFF Download sections.

The 'Modified OFF Missions' are in the 'Maps, Missions, and Campaigns' section (http://combatace.com/files/file/12778-modified-off-missions-from-bletchleys-files/).

And the 'Modified DM Files' are in the 'Aircraft Models' section (http://combatace.com/files/file/12790-modified-dm-files-from-hpw-and-fortiesboy/).

Both file sets are now in JSGME friendly format.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

@Stary

My modified files are from HiTR patched to version 1.47.

thank you :good: