Sign in to follow this  
javitz82

Photo/recon mission like Microprose F-19 SF?

I´m a big fan of the microprose F-19 stealth fighter, even today, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a photo/recon script for strike fighters 2.

I always liked those missions on the F-19 when I had to take pictures of bridges, tank farms and stuff and I saw recently a mod of the TMF F-14 tomcats like a french ATLIS pod that shows the image of the target before you launch the missile and remind me a little of that.

Could a script for a take photos mission possible? where you have to mount a camera as a weapon? and then take pictures when you press the fire button and once this is done the mission shows as accomplished? Greetings and thanks for your time

A recon mission should fit your bill. You do not need to really accomplish anything except fly over the target and get your sorry butt back home. Almost all aircraft allow for RECON as a mission type.

There are some dedicated recon birds in the download and some will have a camera but you do not need to actually take pix to complete the mission.

Edited by DoctorQuest

That´s the thing, I want to be able to fly a mission and take pictures in it, and not just fly over the checkpoint 5 and get mission accomplished. I think it would be nice to look through a camera and see anything the lens shows. But I know that it should be complicated to write a script that allows that specific action. In F-19 it takes 3 frames at the target to get that your job is done. I don´t know if it is even possible to create something like that. Greetings

(To anyone: sorry my english, its not my mother language)

Realistically, the answer is no. You can make a mod that will show you a picture of the target...but there is no modification that will make 'taking a picture' a condition of completing the mission successfully.

FC

That´s the thing, I want to be able to fly a mission and take pictures in it, and not just fly over the checkpoint 5 and get mission accomplished. I think it would be nice to look through a camera and see anything the lens shows. But I know that it should be complicated to write a script that allows that specific action. In F-19 it takes 3 frames at the target to get that your job is done. I don´t know if it is even possible to create something like that. Greetings

(To anyone: sorry my english, its not my mother language)

Yes, I still play the old MP F-117 and I know exactly what you are talking about. It would be nice, but...... :sorry: