Sign in to follow this  
Ronbo

WOV gold expansion campaign FPS?

I have a strong computer computer, AMD quad core, 3.2 ghz 8 gig ram, 1 gig ati 6550 graphics. the gold expansion looks goregous, feels like Im there.

Anyway, is there anyway to reduce the amount of air activity during a campaign? reducing the number would seem to help my frame rate get out of the single digits at times. Ive tried the lower res terrain and flak in the add on pack, but doesnt help much. I realize the ATI card isnt optimal, but any suggestions if reducing the air activity or something... btw, i do have mirrors off and other graphics combos.

Going downtown missions i can play fine,with little fps hit. I see 30-60fps, depending on what im looking at out the canopy.

I have a strong computer computer, AMD quad core, 3.2 ghz 8 gig ram, 1 gig ati 6550 graphics. the gold expansion looks goregous, feels like Im there.

Anyway, is there anyway to reduce the amount of air activity during a campaign? reducing the number would seem to help my frame rate get out of the single digits at times. Ive tried the lower res terrain and flak in the add on pack, but doesnt help much. I realize the ATI card isnt optimal, but any suggestions if reducing the air activity or something... btw, i do have mirrors off and other graphics combos.

Going downtown missions i can play fine,with little fps hit. I see 30-60fps, depending on what im looking at out the canopy.

I don't know how to reduce air activity. What I can recomend, is to have a terrain in wich there are no trees at all. If you are interested, the author of the pack sent me once the terrain with all the details and textures, but plain, no trees. That helped a lot. I had preetty much the same problem. Just send a PM if you are interested!

I've run WOV Gold through a E Machines T-3120 and did rather well provided i kept down south in the Steel Tiger campaign. Even then things jammed up a bit when with mass CBU drops and such. One gets used to it after a while.

My advice would be reducing the detail levels until you can find a point that is acceptable for you. As bad as the flak gets, you'll need as many other planes as possible on a mission to spread out the fire.