Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

OFF2 DEVELOPMENT Screenshot - Fokker Dr.I needing to land soon...

Hi all,

We'll be updating with a few new development pics soon, just to stir the blood here's a recent Work-in-Progress pic of the DRI

post-7478-0-37649900-1333159769.jpg

Nice, very nice :) Now, is it just me, or does this show a definite increase in the visual 'damage modeling'??? That really looks incredibly detailed - and incredibly good!!

WTG, OBD!

That looks incredible Pol - great work by yourself and the team. I'm a big fan of being able to see the visible damage on these craft so this really has me excited. :clapping:

Drool, drool.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Fantastic looking damage, Pol! Love the visible spars.

Did you guys notice that one of the wheels is missing? It's gonna be tough to land that one safely!

Wonderful damage modeling. Incredible attention to detail. Can't wait for more pics.

Hellshade

Wow, Pol she is stunning.

Great work to you and the team. I can't wait for the release. Hours in the cockpit hunting Crumpets flying DID campaign.

Ps. The DR1 looks like the DR1 from ROF.... O' sorry no it looks better.

Salute.

Edited by Morris

:grin:

Thanks for sharing the picture. I am eagerly awaiting OFF2! Even though I am new to OFF Phase 3.

Eric

Someone have a diagreement with Archibald?

Looks fabulous.

Very weird feeling. I'm actually getting a bit apprehensive about P4.

Not only am I going to get murdered by AI fighters, but that my murder is going to be extremely detailed and graphic too.

Stunning fellas. More images please.

• Like 1

ohhh that looks good Pol!:drinks:

Pol, I can only say: you guys can really master the art of destruction. :grin:

I don't deny I was much impressed by "the other sim's" DM - but you now seem to have it looking even more realistic.

A really believeable damage in the structures - superb work!

PS: whatever you have improved on the look of the Fokker (I guess, more detailed skin) - it makes the craft

appear a bit larger; not so toy-tiny as it used to look to me.

I know it was a rather small craft, but now it looks most real and in proportion with other craft.

Maybe only the look - but so important for the whole feeling.

Great job, guys! :good:

It's not lost upon me that the main purpose of the screen shot post is to show off the high quality damage model and artwork. But I can't help but say that what is equally as impressive to me is that in a great many of the screen shots, this one included, the scenery and terrain is almost photo realistic. It actually blends so well into the background of the screen shot that it doesn't draw attention to itself because there is nothing glaringly "constructed" about it. It's just so organic in it's feeling that it serves as the perfect backdrop to highlight the planes. That includes the clouds and fog as well. Incredibly well done all around gentlemen. Kudos to Mr. Lucky for pointing out the fully functional rotary engine as well. We are all certainly in for a wonderful experience when it ships.

Hellshade

OMG, Pol, I can't believe the details that you Devs are going to treat us to! I know from previous releases that the DM is going to be good enough to generate these shattered aircraft views. If they aren't, I am certain that Fourtiesboy, Herr Prop-Wasche, 33Lima and Buddy1998 will tweak them to make them just right. Outstanding!!!

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Damn! New P2 pics. The tension is palpable. There's an electric crackle in the air.

You know I've been perfectly willing to preorder this since about 3 years ago.... Just another reason why :).

Arrrgghh, no,

more OFF2 pron...and I promised the

vicar.

Beautiful plumage, chaps, lovely set of spars :yikes:.

Pity that that's what my a/c usually looks like after

tangling with DR 1s (sigh).

+1 Hellshade's comments re terrain.

Quando, quando, quando, quaando

As has already been expressed Pol, the more we see the more thankful we are of the level of detail you and the rest of the team have incorporated into OFF2. I like the others am on the edge of my seat in anticipation waiting for the release. A question. Has the team been able to invest that level of attention into all of the aircraft?

OMG if this damage model for OFF2 then I will not hesitate to buy, even tho I just started to play OFF1 (phase 3). Would it be inappropriate to say I now have woody. ( sorry wife)

I just reinstalled OFF1 P3 and was stunned at the scenery and modeling, and now this... gotta learn to fly, gotta learn to fly!

Great work, simply great!