Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: World of Planes (War Thunder) closed beta has begun

For anyone who might be interested, World of Planes (War Thunder) has begun it's closed beta. Head on over to sign up and see if you can get some flight time in before OFF 2 hits and eats up our lives. grin.gif Be sure to check out the beta launch video teaser too.

Per their announcement page:

We are pleased to announce the start of the closed beta test for our upcoming combat MMO game.

The multi-staged beta test will allow tens of thousands of players to become better acquainted with the War Thunder universe, giving fans of the project a chance to contribute to the game’s development. Closed beta test servers will be open 24 hours a day, meaning that players who have been invited can join the game at any time. To start, participants will have access to more than 100 aircraft models and several different locations, with new content added continuously throughout the test period.

We've just released a new official video, «War Thunder — Beta Launch Trailer», which demonstrates the global scale of War Thunder’s in-game battles and a variety of gameplay options

http://warthunder.co...ews/26/current/

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Looks great Hellshade - thanks for posting. I just signed up and I guess I'll receive an email at some point? Anyhow I was wondering if this sim utilizes TrackIR as I couldn't find any information on their website about it.

Edited by Shiloh

Reminds me of the Microsoft CFS3 trailer now that was a good trailer but the sim well we all know what that was like.

Flight simmers have been let down so many times with the trailers not reprecenting the released game.

All that glitters is not gold.

Looks great Hellshade - thanks for posting. I just signed up and I guess I'll receive an email at some point? Anyhow I was wondering if this sim utilizes TrackIR as I couldn't find any information on their website about it.

It uses a modified version of the same engine that runs Wings of Prey, I believe. WoP supports TrackIR so I'd be highly surprised if this didn't.

Hellshade

Reminds me of the Microsoft CFS3 trailer now that was a good trailer but the sim well we all know what that was like.

Flight simmers have been let down so many times with the trailers not reprecenting the released game.

All that glitters is not gold.

That's the joy of beta. You get to find out if it's 'gold' or not without forking over a dime. good.gif

Hellshade

Anyhow I was wondering if this sim utilizes TrackIR as I couldn't find any information on their website about it.

The FAQ says it supports TrackIR.

would have been great to write some music for them.

It's just in beta. Maybe you could still offer up something for them that gets their interest? Lord knows you know how to write a proper mood setting audio track for a sim.

Hellshade

its going to be huge.

Good to see it has TrackIR support guys - thanks for confirming. I signed up for the beta testing a few days back but haven't received an email yet. Do I have to be selected or does everyone who signs up get a crack at it? :dntknw:

I think I'll hold off until some of you pass judgement on it. Worth the time and Safe or Not safe so far as gremlins go.

I think I'll hold off until some of you pass judgement on it. Worth the time and Safe or Not safe so far as gremlins go.

Again, it will be free to play. Not sure what the reason to hold off will be unless you just don't want to spend the time downloading it? If it sux,it sux. But for free, might as well form your own opinion instead of taking someone else for it.

Hellshade