Well that's it Ive had enough .April patch now buggered up keys i now spend more time fixing this crap than flying .I want my money back so feed up with it sfna is the worst peace of crap ever the terrain dont work on most users computers frame rates of 3 or 4 .Just full of bugs now removing from hard drive im gone ...bye

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

I can understand your frustration.

SF2 NA is not that what we all hoped.

It is far from the horrible mess that was Expansion Pack 2; but I also feel the Community hypes itself to new heights, despite TK trying to subdue the feelings.

Hope you have fun whatever you decide to do.

it's your decision hi ho silver, but to say new terrain doesn' t work on most users computers and give 3 to 4 frames is slight stretch IMO...

what JRL said

I'd hate to see another "old hand" toss in the towel, but I can sympathize with you, hi ho silver. IMO, TW made a bad decision in not using an independent beta test team to help sort things out, and now that decision is coming back to haunt them.

TK made bad decision since he started to pretend the series isn't moddable and mods far superior to what he offers as stock do not exist

TK made bad decision since he started to pretend the series isn't moddable and mods far superior to what he offers as stock do not exist

LOL! :lol::rofl:

screenshot27.jpg

what? that sentence makes perfect sense :rofl:

LOL! :lol::rofl:

Sure Fubar but what if somebody tries to install the mod in Windows/System32/ and deletes all the dll's in there, it's modders fault and TK is accountable so that's why mods are bad for his business...

Also what if God starts messing with large TGA's and accidentally kills a kitten?

If Putin mis-installs some Flanker skins and launches a nuclear strike on Burkina Faso?

If some black hole, somewhere in the galaxy far, far away screws up the clipping messing with view distance and eats up millions of alien civilizations?

All modders fault, and hurts business badly...

TK's response from day 1 to any whiner who bitches about how his attempts to mod the game have broken it should have been something like this:

You shoulda backed up your files before screwing around with them. What you do on your computer is your own fault. Go reinstall and try again.

@Stary: except for your terrain and effects mods, I'd have believed him until the Mirage Factory started pumping out some just awesome jets. But then, I expect the developer to shoot for the middle ground and modders to make the stuff that taxes your RAM anyway. Thirdwire aircraft models are still some of the best looking in any flight sime I've ever flown. Even the MiGs, which are getting long in the tooth, still hold up pretty well (until missiles, that is). The terrain and ground objects are kinda meh, and the thirdwire water has always been mediocre at best. But if there's no room for improvements then there wouldn't be a community that does it.

He needs to go ahead and unlock the effects files for modding, unlock the .out files for skinners, or give us some kind of guide or information neccesary for our applications. I can wait for those. He just got done with months of zero sleep and probably doesn't want to so much as think about airplanes for a while, so I'm gonna give him a few months to get that info to us before I get impatient. I'm going to hang on until he quits or gives me a reason to quit.

as it seems I wasn't understand correctly (getting old Fubar? :wink: )

my point was TK acts like anything he pulls out is the best thing available thus he doesn't have to make his work better with next release.

And truth is there are planes (you know the names) that are on similar or superior level than his work (Bucc being DCS level aircraft IMO) which is ok of course cause modders with (theorically) unlimited free time and no budget can and allways will do better than 2-peps indie dev.

I know it's a lot easier when you pretend nothing better in the same title exists for free because that gives you psyhical comfort. But the reality is that moders shown in recent years HOW GOOD this title could look and feel (equals revenue) if the man behind it would be more opened in his design approach.

As a friend said: "TK is really an idiot. He has really a golden pot in the hands and he is wasting it"

Maybe then Big Name Vets like Hi Ho would return here

as it seems I wasn't understand correctly (getting old Fubar? :wink: )

I may be getting old, but someone's evidently quite blind :rofl:

Seems like a lot of people are jumping off the TW ship lately, most of them being former beta testers over the last 10 years...

@Stary: except for your terrain and effects mods, I'd have believed him until the Mirage Factory started pumping out some just awesome jets. But then, I expect the developer to shoot for the middle ground and modders to make the stuff that taxes your RAM anyway. Thirdwire aircraft models are still some of the best looking in any flight sime I've ever flown. Even the MiGs, which are getting long in the tooth, still hold up pretty well (until missiles, that is). The terrain and ground objects are kinda meh, and the thirdwire water has always been mediocre at best. But if there's no room for improvements then there wouldn't be a community that does it.

He needs to go ahead and unlock the effects files for modding, unlock the .out files for skinners, or give us some kind of guide or information neccesary for our applications. I can wait for those. He just got done with months of zero sleep and probably doesn't want to so much as think about airplanes for a while, so I'm gonna give him a few months to get that info to us before I get impatient. I'm going to hang on until he quits or gives me a reason to quit.

Exactly, this is the only thing that annoys me right now with TK/TW,

WE Arent asking for a Million Dollar Mod Kit like Skyrim's, we just want the Access to the Files (OUT, FX, INI, Whatever) that already exist to study them and make the game better, but it seems like every time we ask we just get shot down in favor of the whiners trying to run a game on a netbook, meanwhile more and more former beta testers and modders are jumping ship.

Well, I'm not necessarily jumping ship on SF just yet, but I certainly haven't seen anything that has made me want to purchase SF2NA yet. I was thinking I'd be a "day 2" buyer, paying and downloading as soon as I confirmed (from the "day 1" buyers) that it wasn't a total mess. But... it was a bit of a mess.

I know TK's cleaned up some stuff, but, other than the Tomcat Avionics and the new water effects, I haven't seen anything I like. And, with everything locked away, I can't even get those new water effects on my other 4 terrains. And, since this is a "sim-lite" after all, the tomcat avionics aren't really that big of a deal to me.

I haven't given up yet. I'm just holding out. I need to know all the bugs have been fixed, and then I need some level of assurance that I can "harmonize" my SF2 titles. I want the good stuff from SF2NA in the other titles (water, anit-ship warefare, etc...) and the ability to mod SF2NA the way the other titles have been.

The last one for me is a biggie. I want to know that SF2NA can be modded moving forward. That's what's made the TW titles worth the price for me in the past; knowing that it can be turned into something amazing and/or totally different thanks to the work of the modders here. If SF2NA can only be what it is right now, then it just doesn't appeal to me that much.

Edited by malibu43
  • Like 2

That's why I moved back modding LoFC2 and DCS A-10!

Well I think people where expecting something more and got their expectations so high that they feel let down. I went in with low expectations so when he delievered on what I wanted needless to say I was pleased. The patch fixed many things. We are almost there. However the locking of certain CAT's I think did hurt those who mod certain aspects of the sim.

Having said that. So far nothing I added to SF2:NA when it came out is broke with the new patch. Stary's effects pack works, all the terrains I added work. No floating trees. I mean really so far so good and I ran the hell out of it last night.

I just wonder how many people who are saying this patch busted this or that, added their mods one by one to check for issues? That is what I did. All too often we get in a hurry to blame the patch when its operator error.

For 10 years the modders have been keeping this series afloat. There is no denying it, it's a fact. If they hadnt done a thing with it, then the sim would of died after the Wally World incident. So he has alot to be thankful for in that regard. We the community should be working hand in hand with TK. Like beta testers would be nice.

I dont think though he has abandon us. I think he has a vision for something in the future and we are the last lab test dumbiees.

• Like 3

the terrain dont work on most users computers frame rates of 3 or 4 .

just about this point here's my (3 years+ old) rig

core2duo e8400@3.28ghz

a radeon 4870 512meg ram

3gigbyte ram

and my setting under the sfp2 series

1280*1024

object details=high

object texture=unlimited

cockpit texture=unlimited

cockpit mirror=on

cockpit reflexion=on

shadows=medium

effects=unlimited

terrain details=high

terrain texture=unlimited

horizon distance=far

ground object=unlimited

water detail=high

and the sf2 NA runs pretty well over the land

Having said that. So far nothing I added to SF2:NA when it came out is broke with the new patch. Stary's effects pack works, all the terrains I added work.

same here

Well i've read your comments and i must say im not happy with this sim anymore .It still has bug's from sf1 the patching is a bloody nightmare fix one thing breaks another the only reason i have stayed so long is this community and the modders who make this look great . TK needs to get back to basic's a good working stable sim . I wrote game's back in Early 80's we used to get it all on a tape or floppy disk 1.44 mb and it worked no patching now thing's are 1000's of mb but it's not a 1000 times better the fun has gone simple things like the key's not working just make it unusable ......

Edited by hi ho silver
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Well I think people where expecting something more and got their expectations so high that they feel let down.

In my case, I also had low expectations. So it's not an issue of expectations being met. Actually, SF2NA probably exceeded my expections in terms of new content.

It's hard to explain why I'm holding off. Sort of like SF2NA seems a little disjointed from the rest of the series right now. And I'm not sure the direction the series is going in terms of mod-ability, which makes me hesitent to invest in it. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else, but that's the best way I can describe it.

sfna is the worst peace of crap ever

I understand your sentiment, but consider the enormity of this statement. Surely SF2NA is better than syphilis? The Austin Princess? The '76 Buccaneers?

I had Austin Princess many years ago and it was a loverly car out ran most fords at the time :) SF2NA is still a load of crap the terrain is the real down fall followed by the bugs.....on the plus side nice water ,ships and f-14 avionics

Edited by hi ho silver

I understand your sentiment, but consider the enormity of this statement. Surely SF2NA is better than syphilis? The Austin Princess? The '76 Buccaneers?

The '08 Lions? The Chicago Cubs?

Alien vs Predator franchise?:lol: