Sign in to follow this  

Must I extract to edit / access the default aircraft please?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

if by aircraft you mean the models. you can't otherwise you need to search for the inis that relate to the aircraft your interested in. the "aircraftname"_data.ini has most of the useful data so look for that first.

Edited by whiteknight06604

yup, the LODs are locked away, but all the inis/skins/decals are still available. You just have to browse (ie: open with the 3W extractor) each cat and see what's where -- and things sometimes are pretty scattered

for SF2 Europe, you need to be running a version prior to TK locking the CATs.

OK, I'm running the March 2012 version.

I've got the Lightning F6 etc working, all I want to do is add better hangar screens for them........from what I have seen so far, the aircraft are all in CAT file 13 onwards. Skatezilla; it looks to me like if you extract soemthing from the CAT file, it automatically re-archives itself again?

Thanks all,

Andrew.

no, pulling it sort of creates a 'copy' in the extract to ... folders.

adding a hangar (or loading) screen is a simple matter editing the relevant line inthe main ini, and placing the new screen directly into the aircraft's folder (example, would be my F-16A pak, made from TK's F-16A Netz, it has both new hangar and loading screens)

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=F-16A Blk 10 Falcon (3W)

AircraftShortName=F-16A

AircraftDataFile=F-16A_data.ini

LoadoutFile=F-16A_loadout.ini

UserList=F-16A_UserList.ini

CockpitDataFile=F-16A_Netz_cockpit.ini

LoadoutImage=F-16A_Netz_loadout.TGA

HangarScreen=F-16A_Hangar.jpg <----

LoadingScreen=Falcon_Loading.jpg <----

AvionicsDLL=Avionics70.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=F-16A_Netz_avionics.ini

Wrench, do you mean in the compressed ini within the CAT file? I've extracted the CAT file for the F-4F and dropped the ini etc into the main aircraft folder with SF2 Europe, but my changes are not happening, I've double checked my syntax and everything.

Later tonight I might extract all of the CAT's directly into the root game folder and have done with it. I can see this as the only way now that this will work.

Thanks all,

Andrew.

I've extracted the CAT file for the F-4F and dropped the ini etc into the main aircraft folder with SF2 Europe, but my changes are not happening

Most likely because you may not be placing those files where they belong. Take some time and read through the SF2 knowledge base, so that you gain an understanding of its folder and file structure.

There's also no need to extract everything, as there are probably over 10 GB worth of files compressed into those catalog files!

Edited by Fubar512