Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Original 1916 Map of the Tournai Sector of Belgium

Greetings All,

Due to the amount of interest in my recently posted map scan of the Hazebrouck sector of Belgium and France I am now offering a full-sized image of the next map to the east: the Tournai Sector, Map 5. I’ve assembled this one from about 60 high quality screen captures of the original example, which resides in the Lloyd Reeds Map Collection of McMaster University’s online library, (my sincere thanks to that fine institution for providing this and many other original WWI maps free of charge to those of us who study on such things). After I reassembled the image I made a fair amount of “repairs” and cleaned it up considerably and it now serves as a fine companion to the Hazebrouck map.

Again, I hope those of you who fly OFF using paper maps and compass will find this wonderful old map useful.

Cheers!

Lou

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&full=1&id=12827&record=27953

If only those map files wouldn't occupy all our attachment space...

Thanks a lot, Lou, I'll pop over there and get it!

I can really appreciate the fantastic work you did on these maps Lou let alone the time to get them looking that good. Nice work and much appreciated. :drinks:

Thanks for all the work your putting here, really appreciated.

Regards MarkL

Thanks for all the work your putting here, really appreciated.

Regards MarkL

Just like to second that. The maps are particularly appropriate to my campaign at the moment.

These are great. I wish I had the whole series on paper. I love old maps. :drinks: