Sign in to follow this  
bandina

Problem with mission editor

Hi now I have tried to create a new mission, the problem is when I choose for esemple the F4 I can choose home base and land base as USS Costelletion or another carrier when I choose

the F8A the carrier aren't avaible, only ground base, Why ? :idea:

Bye Ivo

depends on WHAT year your flying ... the question has been asked and answered over at the 3rdWire forums.

Also depends on the terrain ... very few have been upgraded for the new 'naval zones' (and those that are, are a bit wonky)

meaning: NONE of the stock carriers exist before 1956.

also, have you added the new, correct statements in the F-8A's data ini, for carrier ops?

Go into the F-8A_data.ini and add the following to the bottom of the [missiondata] block.

MinBaseSize=SMALL

CarrierBased=TRUE

Be sure that you replace the existing minbasesize with that one or else you'll never get to fly from SCB-125s.

you also have to tell it how LARGE a parking span is used, as per the stock Cruds....

MinBaseSize=SMALL

CarrierBased=TRUE

CarrierParkSpan=7.20

CarrierParkAnimationID=6

(btw, the above IS for the F-8A mod)

Thank to everybody I have resolt, what is CarrierParkAnimationID=6 ? In the F8C data ini the CarrierParkAnimationID=7 what is the difference between 6 or 7 ?

Bye Ivo

what is the difference between 6 or 7 ?

Bye Ivo

1? :grin:

It's the animation number that the developer assigned to the model, for folding wings. It does, As you've noticed, vary by the model.

Ok thank then I switch shift-7 I obtain folding wings on the F8A ?

Bye

Ok thank then I switch shift-7 I obtain folding wings on the F8A ?

Bye

The animation ID does not necessarily correlate to the number key, as it can be set to whichever one you want, within the data.ini.

Hi Tank for your reply, now I have made a mission with take-off from carrier but when I take-off the plane F8A it explode on the catapult the I have tryed with F8C/E and is all ok.

Why the F8A explode?:this: :this: :this:

Bye Ivo

Because it's not been upgraded to March 2012 standards.

Hi I can do nothing ? I have see that the problem is in the F8A_DATA.ini

Bye Ivo

Hi I can do nothing ? I have see that the problem is in the F8A_DATA.ini

Bye Ivo

Sorry, but writing a realistic flight model can take weeks, if not months, and explaining how to do so is well beyond what I would consider providing reasonable assistance. It would take an entire thread just on that one subject. Chances are that the model that you're attempting to use isn't even properly formatted for SF2, let alone the 3/2012 patch.

Edited by Fubar512

Very Thank for your patience, then the flight model of the F8A is no real ? And the performances of the F8 C/E are really or the game is only an arcade game ?

Because this was another my question to suggest on the forum.

I love very much F8A for its skin pack

Bye Ivo :drinks:

The developer, TK, calls this a "sim-lite" so, in keeping with his philosphy, most of the Flight Models that come with the game are simplefied to some degree. There are a few third-party models that are fairly realistic to a point, and that is, up until they depart.

The game engine used to allow one to accurately model post-stall behavior, but some time ago, the developer chose to make global changes that effects all models, and it's now much harder to "individualize" how a given model departs (they all spin now, whereas some types should roll out, plow to the outside of a turn, etc.).

Edited by Fubar512

Hi last up-date, I have tryed and this problem is only with the US carrier mod. Kitty CVN 75 in download area, because with stock carrier F8A work fine...

Bye Ivo

In that case, the "CatLauchTime" setting in the carrier's data.ini is set too low. It should be adjusted so that you're traveling about 170 knots at the end of the cat shot.