Sign in to follow this  
Kodiak

Anybody knows a good Crash tracer?

Anybody knows a good program to trace program crashes or CTD's?

I have a lot of crashes to desktop since I have SF2NA installed and was wondering if anybody knows a good program monitoring tool, so I can trace the cause of the crash??

Many years ago I had a program like that but I really don't remember anymore what was the name and I doubt it would still work in windows 7.

Anybody can help?

Thanks in advance.

My best regards, Kodiak.

Start, Control Panel, Administrator Tools, Event Viewer, Windows Logs Folder, Software Log, Look for Errors/Events pertaining to Applications runing under the SF2NA.exe (or whatever exe is crashing), copy / paste the gode into google.

hi

back in the time when i had a lot of BSODs, i used this: http://www.softpedia...hoCrashed.shtml

I don't know if it works with program crashes or CTD.

Hope this help Salute.gif

Stunt

I appreciate the help but Whocrashed is great for tracing what caused Windows to crash, but I am looking for what makes a program crash.

Something that follows a program and logs it so that you can read the what happend the moment it crashed.

My best regards, Kodiak.

:salute:

Start, Control Panel, Administrator Tools, Event Viewer, Windows Logs Folder, Software Log, Look for Errors/Events pertaining to Applications runing under the SF2NA.exe (or whatever exe is crashing), copy / paste the gode into google.

I already did this but cannot get any usable data from that.

I need a more specific tracer, if possible.

My best regards, Kodiak.

Nobody?

It could help with a lot of problems if I can trace the crashes back to their origin!!!

My best regards, Kodiak.

I can't vouch for it but you can take a look at this:

http://teck.in/download-restart-on-crash-program-crash-monitoring-tool.html

Restart on Crash is an free monitoring tool that will watch the applications that you specify and automatically relaunch any program that hangs or crashes. You can add any number of applications to monitor, enable/disable them individually and edit the command line that will be used to restart an application.

Read more at TECK.IN: http://teck.in/download-restart-on-crash-program-crash-monitoring-tool.html#ixzz1rGEqaESm