Sign in to follow this  
SkateZilla

F-18D of VFA-106 Down in Virginia Beach.

Both Pilots ejected, no work on casualties from the Apartment Complex it crashed into.

But, I wonder, will the navy let me keep it:

post-182-0-83314600-1333732440.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

I know right were that is.driven pass there many times. Is that seat next to your Place?

Edited by porterjr

Quick note to the news story it has been confirmed as an F/A-18 D from VFA-106. It crashed shortly after take-off. The story is getting worse as we were just informed the City of Virginia Beach their is strong possibilty the appts. may have been occupied occupied as Beach Schools are cllosed today. Lets have these families in our prayers.

I know right were that is.driven pass there many times. Is that seat next to your Place?

a friend's, he sent the image via twitter.

Uploading prayers for those on the ground.

From the description it sounds as if he had compressor stalls in at least one engine. to have lost power from both it sounds as if potential FOD may be involved in this.

We'll see.

Edited by Typhoid

Hoping that everyone is safe.

Witness reported Fire on the Right wing and coming out the right exhaust as he was flying low, The RPM in the one camera phone video sent to me sounds crazy low, below idle, a few seconds later they began dumping fuel. (which alot of hick beach bumbs complained about having JP5 dumped on their cars).

So:

Plane took off, once it gained some altitude and retracted gear, looked away, Several loud POPs and from that point on, you can hear the engine RPM drop and fluctuate . Turned back to see the plane flying low and slow over the highway 264 with a nose up about 20 degrees and dropping altitude with flames coming out of either one or both engine exhausts and on the right wing, Plane began dumping/losing fuel as it broke through about 200 feet, Pilot and WSO Ejected and the plane dipped into the buildings below., Pilot was recover still strapped into his seat.

Edited by SkateZilla

last i heard around 9 hurt in apt tho seems no life threatening injuries

Humm...that apartment complex sounds familiar, not to far from route 58, I believe. I use to hang out in that area when I was younger.

God I hope no one is seriously hurt and I pray for those who lost homes.

6, Apartment Buildings,

5, Vehicles,

Couple Dozen TVs,

Thousands in Personal Property Damage,

Millions in Private Property Damage

2, Martin Baker Ejection Seats

1, 57 Million Dollar F/A-18 Fighter Jet

NOT HAVING ANY CAUSUALTIES = PRICELESS

the same area had a plane crash in it in the early 80s, but it wasnt residential.

6, Apartment Buildings,

5, Vehicles,

Couple Dozen TVs,

Thousands in Personal Property Damage,

Millions in Private Property Damage

2, Martin Baker Ejection Seats

1, 57 Million Dollar F/A-18 Fighter Jet

NOT HAVING ANY CAUSUALTIES = PRICELESS

the same area had a plane crash in it in the early 80s, but it wasnt residential.

Thank God no one was killed.

I remember when an F-14 went down near Lynnhaven back in the 90s, and also someone's privately owned SAAB jet crashed. Hampton Roads, Tidewater, and North Carolina has been kind of lucky seeing the amount of commercial and military air traffic that passes through that area on any given day, that and the entire region's population has swelled ten fold.

Edited by ironroad