Sign in to follow this  
snapper 21

Changing the UK Map for specific single missions

Hi All

I want to change the UK map to use for single missions now and maybe a campaign later. The missions I want to fly are intercepting Russian raids on air bases in Scotland that come from off map bases in Norway. I think I have enough ocean up there to play with.

So for starters I have changed all target areas on the map to friendly. And will attempt to add the off map russian air fields later. I will also need to change the allowed missions for UK use and the nations file.

But my question is, how do I limit the bases I can take off from on the map. I don't want to take off from Brize Norton to intercept a raid off Scotland. Can I set the airfields I dont want to use as Neutral? Or do I need to delete the whole target or just the number of sqaudrons that fly from there?

Thanks for your help

Snapper 21

post-13430-0-19765400-1333794767.jpg

Setting them to neutral should be enough,

Edited by PureBlue

Hey, that is a great map!!!

Where can I download that one??

I would love to have that one!!!

My best regards, Kodiak.

:salute:

Hi Snapper 21.

Cool looking map. I'm going to give it a try. Would you be open to doing a map of Norway? I played a lot of good battles of the coast of Norway in my Harpoon days.

OK, looks like I'm going to have to take some time off work. . . :grin:

I have an updated version of this old SFP1 terrain sitting on my HDD with corrected coastlines, fixed runway placements and sundry other targetisation upgrades.

I'll need a bit of time to sort out the SF2NA level naval engagement stuff, then I can fire it up in the SF2 section.

Slainthe :drinks:

Baltika

Next time it would be better not to import the DEM height data like this. It is sourced from a rectangular world projection which squashes everything in the north and the south of the globe. Stretching it with photoshop can reduce the effect.

Next time it would be better not to import the DEM height data like this. It is sourced from a rectangular world projection which squashes everything in the north and the south of the globe. Stretching it with photoshop can reduce the effect.

Yes, this is a very old map from my early days experimenting with TE, before I got the hang of re-sizing the heightmap bmp to fix projection issues and create full-sized maps.

The north/south axis projection is squashed on this map. It was only ever intended as a bit of fun to let me fly over Scotland, so take it for what it is.

Anyway, I have set up a water map and got SF2NA carrier operations working - for some reason the Kiev Battle Group likes to lurk around in the Irish Sea, goodness knows how they got in there :blink:

I need a couple of days to tidy up the targetisation a bit and I upload it as a bit of fun for SF2.

@Snapper, good work on bringing this up from the vaults. You can use the NEUTRAL alignment to remove those airfields you don't want for single missions, but I reckon your best bet would be to set up a campaign file with the various squadrons stationed at their home bases. That way, the Russians might still try to take out London or whatever, and you can be tasked with intercepting.

Slainthe!

Baltika