My problem is that the R-27TE "AA-10 Alamo-D" missile from Mig-29 Pack 2.0 doesn't appear in game neither in weapons editor.

Inside the missile's folder there are the two .lod files, the .bmp image file, the AA-10D_data.ini file and a .BAK (???) file with the name "R-27ET Mig29_deleted". I changed the extension from .BAK to .ini and then the file transformed into a usual ini file. I renamed the file to "R-27ET Mig29" because I thought this .BAK file was the problem and inside the newly transformed .ini file there was the info about weapon name, lods etc.

Even after the .BAK to .ini transformation nothing happened though. Missile still doesn't shown up. Only R-27TE has this issue, the other Alamos are OK.

Thanks.

Check if in the Airplane's data file it says: SpecificStationCode=AA12 OR SpecificStationCode=AA10

and in the missile's data file also: SpecificStationCode=AA12 OR SpecificStationCode=AA10

Depends what missile it needs.

It has to be in the airplane and missile data file thesame.

It could be that one of the two data files does not have this entry.

You can delete the entries or add them, but make sure BOTH airplane and missile have thesame SpecificStationCode=

I hope this clear enough.

My best regards, Kodiak.

Edited by Kodiak

I have already checked SpecificStationCodes but this is not the problem. Usually missiles don't shown up because of an error in missile parameters but in my case it can not be recognized even by weapons editor!

Thanks Ianh755, this is OK.

Although it has a different .bmp file than the other Alamos which come with the Mig-29 Pack, I can use it till I fix the problem.

Just a tech problem: Try to search the skin folder od the weapon. Dont modify the other things. Make sure the name of the folder is the same name of the model, have you tried if you can fire the misile but only seems fire?... then its that!

If not, then its an error on adding the data name or structure, check the WEAPONDATA Numbers , names, Also check the BMP image some of em are 1024x1024 those one doesnt work to me (im using WOE) try to chaange it to 512x512 with paint. If that doesnt work i recomend you to delete it.

Greetings!

This bug is because of improper INI TXT format. The data.ini must be UNICODE TXT. Also, the "weapon_name".ini must contain the proper data.ini name (Upper-Lower case counts!!)

Also watch for the first line must be

[WeaponData001]

not [WeaponData0001]

Also the AA-10 ranges are all wrong, and the seeker range, too for the IRM ones.

This bug is because of improper INI TXT format. The data.ini must be UNICODE TXT. Also, the "weapon_name".ini must contain the proper data.ini name (Upper-Lower case counts!!)

Initialization (ini) files being in Unicode or in ANSI makes absolutely no difference to the SF2 game engine. Just keep in mind that SF2 can read unicode, and SF1 cannot.

And an .ini file is not a TXT file. TXT is a separate file format denoting text files. You obviously meant to say "textual". Just don't want to further muddy the waters and confuse any noobs that might be reading this.

Edited by Fubar512

I beg you pardon, Sir ))) I did not want to be a smartass it was just my experience... )) I saved the ini as unicode (because of my file comparing utility) and it started to work.. then it must have been something else there, too.

Is it better to have ANSI formatted ini's?

I beg you pardon, Sir ))) I did not want to be a smartass it was just my experience... )) I saved the ini as unicode (because of my file comparing utility) and it started to work.. then it must have been something else there, too.

Is it better to have ANSI formatted ini's?

I've never noticed any difference in performance or compatibilty between ANSI and Unicode ini-files in SF2. I have noticed that some entries in both object and object_data ini-files are Verrrrrry picky in as far as being case-sensitive. But, even there, not consitantly so.....!