billyd7447:

For your first problem, locate these three files in your Mods folder:

\Objects\Aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\F-4E_HUDREFLECTION.TGA

\Objects\Aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\F86_REFLECTION1.tga

\Objects\Aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\F86_REFLECTION2.tga

Remove or rename the files and the background image on the HUD will disappear.

For your second problem, download and apply the Hotfix available here:

http://combatace.com...4-for-sf2e-ods/

That Hotfix resolves the issue you describe plus a number of other minor problems in the original release. Be sure to look over the included ReadMe for installation instructions and important notes.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

billyd7447:

For your first problem, locate these three files in your Mods folder:

\Objects\Aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\F-4E_HUDREFLECTION.TGA

\Objects\Aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\F86_REFLECTION1.tga

\Objects\Aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\F86_REFLECTION2.tga

Remove or rename the files and the background image on the HUD will disappear.

For your second problem, download and apply the Hotfix available here:

http://combatace.com...4-for-sf2e-ods/

That Hotfix resolves the issue you describe plus a number of other minor problems in the original release. Be sure to look over the included ReadMe for installation instructions and important notes.

Eric Howes

Eric,

Thank you for the replly, I will correct the Hud tomorrow. I had already downloaded and installed the fix but maybe I got the wrong one. I downloaded this one and will install it also tomorrow. After that I will test and report back.

Thanks again for such a great Mod.

Billy Mabe

How to make the .JPG skins to work? The planes are all black... They should be .BMP in my system. Mine install is Nov.2011 patched. Thanks!

Wilches:

The minimum requirement for this mod is the Mar2012 patch level.

If you are unwilling to upgrade to that patch level, you could try converting the skins to BMP format.

Eric Howes

Eric,

Thank you for the reply, I will correct the HUD tomorrow. I had already downloaded and installed the fix but maybe I got the wrong one. I downloaded this one and will install it also tomorrow. After that I will test and report back.

Thanks again for such a great Mod.

Billy Mabe

Eric,

Thank you for the information about the HUD shadow that fixed that minor problem and I can see the carrier now at night.

I had already installed Hot fix 4 before posting my comment but I installed it again just in case.

I set up a Campaign with VFA-18C and USS America. Attempted a Manual Night Time Landing and hit the wires just right. Aircraft still went through the Carrier. So I tried one of the ODS premade Single Missions with VFA-18A and CVN 71 and attempted a landing on autopilot, Aircraft would not land.

Just to make sure I'm installing these mods correctly especially a hot fix, should I install the entire folder such as Campaign into ODS, or sub folders Desert Storm and MOAB into ODS Campaign Folder or install sub folder Desert Storm and Desert Storm Data into Desert Storm?

Some of the folders replace everything anfd some folders just replace some files. Being not familiar with the Cat Files and INI files if I install some content and some is deleting the Mod may not work. I will go to the forum and read about installing mods to ensure I'm doing it right. I have been adding mods for years but this is the first hot fix that did not work and I think it may be something I'm doing wrong.

Billy Mabe

billyd7447:

The install process for the mod and for the hotfix is simple: grab the folders from within the \To_Mods_Folder directory and drop them in to your Mods folder. Folders will overwrite folders. Sub-folders will voerwrite sub-folders. And files will over write files. If you have SF2NA installed, then the same process applies to the contents on the \For_SF2NA directory in the main mod as well as the hotfix..

If you're still experiencing problem, then one or both of the following is true:

1) The files from the Hotfix weren't installed correctly;

2) The SF2NA Hotfix files weren't installed correctly or weren't installed at all.

The updated carrier files that resolve your issue with aircraft sinking into the carrier deck are in the \For_SF2NA folder. Somehow those files are not getting to where they need to be.

Eric Howes

Been playing with this mod all week and just wanna thank you guys again for bringing it to SF2. My only complain is the F-15s are getting all the kills! No fun for the Tomcats :no:

billyd7447:

The install process for the mod and for the hotfix is simple: grab the folders from within the \To_Mods_Folder directory and drop them in to your Mods folder. Folders will overwrite folders. Sub-folders will voerwrite sub-folders. And files will over write files. If you have SF2NA installed, then the same process applies to the contents on the \For_SF2NA directory in the main mod as well as the hotfix..

If you're still experiencing problem, then one or both of the following is true:

1) The files from the Hotfix weren't installed correctly;

2) The SF2NA Hotfix files weren't installed correctly or weren't installed at all.

The updated carrier files that resolve your issue with aircraft sinking into the carrier deck are in the \For_SF2NA folder. Somehow those files are not getting to where they need to be.

Eric Howes

Eric,

After following your instructions The Mod is now working as advertised. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me and the information on how to install the hotfix. On my defense I assumed replaced the entire folder would delete some objects that were not in the hotfix folder. Not being familiar with the workings of the the engine that after you replace the folder and restart the game it replaces all files that were deleted. Like you said very simple. I just attempted to make it harder than it was.

Thanks again for all your great work and it is a great Mod. I flew the Desert Storm Campaign with Janes F-15E and it was great and this brings back good memories.

Billy

Thanks for this wonderful mod, I just bumped into this and will go back to sf2 after a long break :)

just a quick question, what's the consensus in regard to the april patch? yes or no? :)

thanks

L

what's the consensus in regard to the april patch? yes or no? :)

Use it.

Hey guys, thanks for porting this one over to sf2

i am on w7 64

sf2 europe standalone updated to latest patch (Apr 2012 in lower right hand corner of the gui)

followed the readme to letter regarding part 1 2 3 installation

then applied hotfix 4 per the readme

running the renamed exe i can see the new gui, instant action and single mission work ok

tho when i left mouse click on campaign sf2 freezes. i've waited for as much as 15minutes however it didnt help, when i alt tab i am seeing windo$e notice of the program has experience a problem, end or debug..

system specs:

amd phenom x4 970be @ 3.5ghz, 4g ram, 24" lcd @ nvidia gtx580 ( 296.10 whql ), cougar+fssbr1, tir3, win7 home premium

is there anything else like an error log file etc that i need to further provide?

regards.

murad:

Open your Options.INI and replace the Campaign section with this data:

[Campaign]
CampaignName=19910117 Desert Storm
PlayerService=USAF
PlayerUnit=336th TFS
AircraftType=F-15E
Difficulty=NORMAL
Length=NORMAL
AircraftSupply=NORMAL
WeaponSupply=NORMAL
LoadCampaign=FALSE
CampaignSavename=DefaultCampaignSave

Eric Howes

• Like 1

I can confirm that this fix works 100%.

Eric, that did the trick, all is well now. thank you!

:drinks:

Eric,

I applied TK's new patch May 2012 to Strike Fighters 2, SF2VM, SF2E, SF2I, SF2NA. Now when I set up a Campaign and click on fly the program closes. TK said in his Patch most Mods would probably not work.

Billy

billyd7447:

I would try reinstalling the mod from scratch, including the Hotfix 4that was released for it. Also, ensure that you've updated the custom .EXE that you're using to start the mod. Each new ThirdWire patch updates the main .EXEs for the game, which means you need to update the custom .EXEs that you created off of them as well.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Hallo to all !!!

I have noticed, using SF2 Operation Darius ( my compliments for the mod !!!!! ), that in single missions, if I use a Navy' s aircraft, the parked aircrafts on the carrier are of the same Carrier Air Wing, as described in the Campaign Data.ini.

My question: it' s possible have this also in SF2 Operation Desert Storm? Now we have, in ODS, parked on the carrier a mix of naval aircraft of all Carrier Air Wings.

I have a merged install of SF2E and SF2NA for both the titles, updated to July 2012.

Best Regards.

Toro.

Toro:

I think what you're seeing is the product of coincidence. It's not anything that we configured to happen. Op Darius has naval aircraft from only two carriers; Op Desert Storm has naval aircraft from five carriers. In other words, you're more likely to get aircraft from the same carrier wing in Op Darius because there are fewer carriers to begin with.

Eric Howes

@Toro: One way around this might be for all your carrier based aircraft to have a skin for the same airwing as textureset001 in your aircraft's .ini file so that when the game generates the parked planes on the carrier they should use that skin.

Hallo to all!!!!

Thanks you, eburger68 and allenjb42 for the answers.

Regards.

Toro.

having install the 4# hotfix on my ods and sf2na but carrier aircraft still fall into the deck of carrier mod when landing.(use the latest patch) default sf2 na cvn-71 is OK.

fenbeiduo:

Please don't post the same question in multiple threads. I already responded to your earlier post elsewhere.

The modded carriers work fine. If they didn't, we'd be getting flooded with complaints about them. We aren't. I have tested the carriers again on my own system to verify that they work fine.

Make sure that you're installing all the bits to the correct places properly -- including the SF2NA versions of the files, which are delivered in a separate folder.

Eric Howes

I noticed that when I choose "anti_ship" mission on the Iraqi side, there is no weapons selected in the list, only manually, why?