Dave

Desert Storm for SF2 Released.....

Enjoy....part Deux

Allow me to be the first to comment.....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Guest Pfunk

David, I'd like to do an official review of this if you don't mind.

Thank you so much!!! After the downer that was the April 2012 patch, you boys do know how to pep the party!

David, I'd like to do an official review of this if you don't mind.

P

You do what you want. I can't stop you from doing a review even if I wanted. The team put it out there so it's subject to review. Personally it's not a huge leap in the mod world. Just updated big time to SF2 standards. You want to do something, write something about Eburger and how he does wonders with updating SF1mods to SF2 standards.

Pfunk:

We appreciate the interest in doing a review. Would it be possible to get a few days to see if any major bugs shake out as users get their hands on it?

We did perform extensive testing before release, but with a mod of this size it's almost inevitable that we missed things that intrepid users here at CA will find.

We can can get patches out very quickly -- within hours if the problem is simple enough.

Thanks,

Eric Howes

So which TW sim do we need for this guys? I recently uninstalled Strike Fighters 2 because I did not like the fictional countries and campaign.....LOL

Cheers,

Andrew.

AJTucker:

You need at minimum SF2E patched to Mar2012. All topics related to installation are covered in the ReadMe.

Eric Howes

To install and play this mod, you must have the following installed:

SF2 VERSION: Strike Fighters 2: Europe (SF2E)

The best version IMHO. And no fictional countries if you worry about that ;-)

Hats off to JSF Aggie, Eburger, Dave and the rest of the original ODS Team.

Everyone must read the Credits section for this, legends of this community. Thank you all :salute:

Edited by PureBlue

Hats off to JSF Aggie, Eburger, Dave and the rest of the original ODS Team.

Everyone must read the Credits section for this, legends of this community. Thank you all :salute:

Exactly my words too. I´ve been waiting this mod since I moved from WOX to SF2 series, so this is like X-mas for me!

Once again thanks to you all involved in the process of making this great mod!:drinks:

boulder

A big thank you to all the team :drinks:

I have just taken off in a F-14 from a moving carrier in the middle of a moving battlegroup, brilliant :grin:

Thanks again

Snapper 21

Guest Pfunk

Pfunk:

We appreciate the interest in doing a review. Would it be possible to get a few days to see if any major bugs shake out as users get their hands on it?

We did perform extensive testing before release, but with a mod of this size it's almost inevitable that we missed things that intrepid users here at CA will find.

We can can get patches out very quickly -- within hours if the problem is simple enough.

Thanks,

Eric Howes

Absolutely.

Pfunk:

Much appreciated. We've found a few minor things so far. I'll probably be uploading a HotFix package in the next day or so.

Eric Howes

Hi, installed and works but now I cant get my other installs to work. I used a march 2012 copy of sf2europe and did like the readme said. however, all my other installs or my main modded install give this error: SF@: europe has stopped working and then I exit to desktop. Error below" hope you can help. I hope I dont have to move things around. Normally is ue the merged exe but this time I did the sf2 europe only exe.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: StrikeFighters2 Exp2 - Main modded.exe

Application Version: 11.6.2.23

Application Timestamp: 4dfbbbe3

Fault Module Name: StackHash_3656

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 00c5ca90

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 3656

Additional Information 2: bd8753a0d9751266a84998d4929cb163

Additional Information 3: 270d

Additional Information 4: b9df26e9e456b1590d84b097bc9becbc

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

korea, rising sun, ww2 europe and reloaded installs affected too.

dswan, did you do an exclusive install, just for ODS?

dsawan:

The first thing that strikes me is that error message looks like the kind of crash you get when there's a mismatch between the version of the .EXE you're running and the underlying patch level. If I forget to re-generate a custom .EXE after applying a new update from ThirdWire, that non-updated .EXE bombs out with the kind of error message you're seeing.

The second thing that catches my attention is the .EXE name, which has a hyphen and several spaces. Although Windows should be able to handle that file name (and the associated folder name for your Mods folder), I still occasionally see problems with those kinds of file and folder names. That's why I always avoid spaces in such names.

Somewhere, somehow, that EXE is not finding what it needs or is finding the wrong thing when it runs.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

just tried renaming or getting rid of the hyphen and it still does it.

pureblue. this is what id di exactly. First, i made a copy of sf2 europe exe file and started her up and exited out so that under users, dsawan, the mod folder shows up. then I renamed the mod folder,the exe under thirdwire directory and the options at the very end otherwise, it will cause probs. that way all 3 files have the same name when playing. then i did the ODS files manually into their respective locations. Again, I nomrally do the s2 merged exe but when I read the readme it said sf2europe as well. Maybe i should have done sf2 europe with the 2nd patch but the readme says otherwise. SF2europe with the 2nd update is what I usually use. So yea, I guess its an exclusive install for ODS.

I patched to march 2012 the other day and it ran successfully. I was going from June 2011 to march 2012. However, i just checked the file detail when you right click the exe for the modded folder and it says date modified June 2011. and product version 11.6.2.23. Do you think it did not patch correctly?

Guest Pfunk

Oh, my word....

Get this mod before someone figures out they can charge money for it.

Have all the games and just used one of the other mod folders. Worked like a champ.

Get this mod before someone figures out they can charge money for it.

We are charing for it.... IN BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drinks:

Guest Pfunk

That's where the money's going anyway, right?

seeing ODS in Series2 gives one indication how the series (and modders) evolved, right?

Eric, Dave, Team -thank you :clapping: