does anyone have a Euro 1 (Lizard) schemed C-130? or know where i can find a site that will have the layout to make such a paintjob? we have silver, SEA and AMC Grey in the files but seem to be missing the middle years of the 80' and early 90's for the Hercs. Hell i'll make one if i can be point to a reference that has the TO's and diagrams for painting em. Galaxy and Starlifter would be nice too but it seems they were removed due to issue with the creators work. TIA for any assistance.

Edited by daddyairplanes

there should be templates for Del's Hercs, so taht's not a problem! maybe use the overall desert as a base?

does anyone have a Euro 1 (Lizard) schemed C-130? or know where i can find a site that will have the layout to make such a paintjob? we have silver, SEA and AMC Grey in the files but seem to be missing the middle years of the 80' and early 90's for the Hercs. Hell i'll make one if i can be point to a reference that has the TO's and diagrams for painting em. Galaxy and Starlifter would be nice too but it seems they were removed due to issue with the creators work. TIA for any assistance.

Could this be of use???

TO pdf

Details colour placement for many schemes adorning many types.good.gif

thanks for the replys all. yes garyscott that is a useful document, although i found another resource for this particular project.

almost done, tho i did give up on tryin to match nose to fuselage on the shades for now.

Is there a way to remove the frosted look to the skin? The colors are very muted.

Nice job on the Euro I scheme though!

on the frosted look i'm open to suggestions. took the straight grey that is in Dels E/H and basically added in from a three view pic. did a little magic to keep 98% of the original panel lines, and smudged the color lines as every Euro 1 i've ever seen in person seems to blend together and looks like one color in the right lighting. Its my first try at it, quite happy with the wings and tail tho thinking of redoing the nose and fuselage. need to request a 3D modeller's help to make the dome on the top and i would dare call it ready for release.

hey when ya get sick of waitin for someone else to make it, and you have the tools make it yourself!

Edited by daddyairplanes

hey when ya get sick of waitin for someone else to make it, and you have the tools make it yourself!

HERE HERE!!

for how many months have I been saying that very same thing, to the yutz's that keep asking about stock skin templates???

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

hell C-130 aint stock, but i figured out a method to use Del's grey skin to keep the panel lines as if a template. makes it easy being one color! :grin:

CHEATER!!!

:rofl:

on my copies of Del's templates, there's 3 layer of various 'noise'

small noise

large noise

weathering

maybe fiddle their opacity a bit?? and/or take the specular, reflectivity and glossiness from the camo A-10 textureset ini?

as a old sergeant of mine said, if you aint cheating you aint tryin!

should have thought about the textureset ini though, given my gloss gull and lo viz skins are damn near the same difference being.... the glossiness and reflection in the textureset. not sure on how specular plays in yet though(yes i like to learn the hard, painful way)

It should be all a bit darker i think...