rjw

aerial gunnery training

Well, I didn't do too badly today either (bagged 23 of 25 clay birds in my trap shooting session at the club....but they don't shoot back!!!!!).

Well, I didn't do too badly today either (bagged 23 of 25 clay birds in my trap shooting session at the club....but they don't shoot back!!!!!).

I've often wondered, rjw...just what is the best recipe for cooking and serving a clay bird? :grin:

for starters, one needs a clay oven

I've often wondered, rjw...just what is the best recipe for cooking and serving a clay bird? :grin:

Broken Bits and a Beer at the club

:blink: Used to shoot Trap during the Spring, but its gotten too pricey around here. Last time out of 2 rounds of Trap (30.00 +USD) shot 16 and 18 clays using a Remington 1100 semi auto 12 ga. Fun Game kinda like Golf with a shotgun.

At the risk of sidetracking Oltham post I will answer you.

Cooking and serving clay birds....bonus: no defeathering, guests will not ask for seconds, no mess no fuss!!!

Thanks to the gentleman who extracted this subject matter and set it up as a new post.

I would like to add that the subject "Aerial gunnery training" is quite appropriate. Nothing better than trap or skeet shooting to sharpen your aerial gunnery skills!! I highly recommend it.

Best Regards;

My standard answer for Aerial Gunnery Training: When the plane in front of you fills up 100% of your view, you are guaranteed to hit him. The only hard part then is turning away before you ram into him or his debris. Salute.gif

Hellshade

Dam don't I know that most of my pilots are lost due to collisions!

My standard answer for Aerial Gunnery Training: When the plane in front of you fills up 100% of your view, you are guaranteed to hit him. The only hard part then is turning away before you ram into him or his debris. Salute.gif

Hellshade

Your point about debris is well taken. I experienced just that tonight when my victim's engine with attached spinning propeller passed just over my upper wing after I shot him up!

Had my heart a flutter!!!

Never the less, there are times when fleeting shots require you to effectively lead the opponents trajectory!

Edited by rjw