That can be arranged...

gallery_33721_313_24405.jpg

if Independence Day isnt doable due to restrictions of the engine, we can always do stargate

post-182-0-40114600-1333994731.jpg

This thread is for the general discussion of all SF2 Sci Fi Mods; whereever they be Star Trek, Stargate, Independence Day or other.

Love it,one thing always pissed me off about that movie. in the initial air attacks they were shooting Sidewinders and sparrows at the ships,before they new they were shielded. those missiles have pretty small warheads designed to send fragmentation into small fighters. why would you use those against a ship 15 miles or so long? It would have made more sense to fly over and drop a few thousand lbs of bombs on it.That is until they figured out that they needed to attack from the bottom at a certain time.

The Novel clearly states that the first attack was supposed as recon attacks, to see where the City Destroyers was vulnerable.

D7 class cruiser. Nice.

What about X-Wing? :grin:

I know people want strike fighters to keep it's old jet fighter role but we need X-wings vs TIEs someday ;w;

I'd love to see a near future ID4 style campaign doone at some point. maybe a few Grav tanks some funky saucers and some lazer or plasma effects......

just wondering out loud. would it be posible to make a "mothership" model as a carrier and have an invisible part linking it to the water so it looks like it's high in the air but still acts like a carrier? able to launch and recover fighters?

WBS claims his ID4 City Destroyer actually is a Aircraft Carrier Ground Object : :good:

Not to forget this one :salute:

• Like 1

WBS claims his ID4 City Destroyer actually is a Aircraft Carrier Ground Object : :good:

I actually created a floating aircraft carrier while testing the idea of a 'Crimson Skies' mod. The problem (it sounds like WBS ran into the same issue) is that carriers won't work above a certain altitude...and that altitude isn't very high.

HOWEVER, if you want to make an ID4 mothership that is attackable, and has weapons to fight back, AND can be at any altitude, that part is easy.

http://combatace.com/topic/26637-as-of-right-now/page__view__findpost__p__143480

FC

well, could use some Udajeets and F-302s, too. I've got a butt-load of decals (including all the starship tailcodes) for the DATs everlastingBeta Mongoose, that are looking for a home!