Sign in to follow this  
Spinners

Douglas A-4E(UK) Skyhawk FG.2

Douglas Skyhawk FG.2 - 899 Naval Air Squadron, Royal Navy, 1982

RNSKYHAWKFG201.jpg

RNSKYHAWKFG203.jpg

RNSKYHAWKFG204.jpg

RNSKYHAWKFG205.jpg

Base skin by Dan (dtmdragon) with some Royal Navy decals by me.

Edit: Spelling mistake

Edited by Spinners

Now THAT would have been a very interesting scenario back in '82 in the South Atlantic :blink:

Looks great! "FG.2" suggests there was an FG.1 ? :grin:

Spinners, would you care to making a German Marineflieger version of the Echo in Norm 76?

Would kinda look like this Tony: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/Tornado_MFG1_landing_RAF_Mildenhall_1984.JPEG

Or this Zip: http://www.aviation4u.de/gallery/Mixed/fremd/M.Klaver22%2B95.jpg :cool:

MFG 1-insignia: http://www.firesan-seg.de/F-104/mfg-1a.gif

Edited by Toryu

Spinners, would you care to making a German Marineflieger version of the Echo in Norm 76?

AKAIK there is not a decent template available. I've had a good look at the 5122 template in the SF1 section but it is mapped a bit differently to the SF2 version, the 'lines' layer is blurry when scaled up to 10242 and it mixes black and white on the same layer.

which is why, unfortunately, we have to upscale to at minium, 2048, and redraw every-frakking-thing!!

Like I've done recently for the A-7 and A-6 (and the Netz) ... it takes about 5-6 hours per skin map, depending on detail (and most importantly!!) skill levels!! :grin:

of course, one of the cheats I use, is duplicate and invert the background layer. And a LOT of edumacted guesswork!

EDIT:

forgot, I have a full template set for the A-4F; had to make one to do the new Kuwaiti Scooter skin

Edited by Wrench

Is the Foxtrott-template different to the Echo?

Haven't skinned much in SF yet - in IL-2, differences between subversions were usually pretty minor on the templates.

very small differences ... wings, body and iirc, tail are identical. might be some differences on the nose map ... I haven't studied the E maps too much (although I've done the tail on B/C -- those are mapped the same)

best way to check, pull the 5 skins for each, and compare side-by-side