Folks:

Attached to this post is Update #1 for the "Operation Desert Storm" (ODS) mod released for "Strike Fighters 2: Europe" (SF2E). This update includes fixes to a wide variety of items as well as updated aircraft, ships, and other ground objects. (See the accompanying ReadMe, which includes a change log.)

This update can be installed over the top of an existing installation of the ODS mod for SF2E that already has one of the previously released ODS Hotfixes installed, but those Hotfixes are not required.

Note that this update is cumulative -- meaning that it includes the fixes & updates from all four hotfix packages that were previously released for ODS on SF2E. This update will eventually be rolled into a refreshed set of installation packages.

Please pay attention to the install instructions that are included, as the installation process for this update does require you to remove and replace certain items.

If you encounter problems with this update, please report them here.

Eric Howes

SF2E_ODS_Update1.7z

Edited by eburger68
  • Like 1

:salute:

Thank you Eric.

Edit: Good call on the Carrier Deck, CollisionMesh=CVN71/CVN_Flight_Deck.lod.

I've been updating all my 3rd party carriers with the respective folder inserted in there. :good:

Edited by PureBlue

I installed the fix but still noticed a small bug : when I'm playing a USN campaign, the mission starts with the aircraft right on the water instead of the carriers deck. But maybe PureBlue was talking about this issue ? I didn't really get it...

Chauve:

PureBlue is referring to another small issue that was resolved with the hotfix.

What aircraft/squadron were you flying? Did you test this campaign before applying the hotfix?

Eric Howes

It happens with any squadron starting from a carrier, I tried both F-14 squadrons and one F-18C which was taking off a different carrier. I have a full 5 merged game including SF2NA. My mod folder is also merged. I tested it before and after applying the fix. Any idea ?

Edit : Just realized I hadn't upgraded my installation to april 2012 patch. Do you think it could be related ?

Edited by Chauve

Edit : Just realized I hadn't upgraded my installation to april 2012 patch. Do you think it could be related ?

The April patch fixed similar issues so probably

Mmmh I applied the patch, now the issue only happens with F-14 units ?!

Works ok for me - which F-14s are you using ?

Is this only happening in campaigns?

I was using the F-14A+ available in the campaign (a stock one I guess as there's no TMF logo on loading screen)

But I made a few more tests. When using a custom campaign with a different tomcat or a single mission, everything works fine unless I takeoff from USS Saratoga so I think my issue is related to this specific carrier.

Chauve:

I just tested several squadrons off the Saratoga in the campaign. In all cases the carrier showed up just fine and I started without incident from the deck, not in the water.

I should note that there's nothing special about the Saratoga. It uses the same carrier model as two of the other four carriers. Barring a config problem in the campaign DATA.INI or the ship's NAMES.INI (both of which I just checked), the only causes for your problem that I can come up with are these:

1) Installation error of some sort on your box.

2) Your PC having problems loading all the objects in the campaign, which loads a lot more than a typical Single Mission.

It's also interesting that you had similar problems with other aircraft and carriers with the Mar2012 patch level. Most of our testing with the carrier battle groups was done on the Mar2012 patch level, though, and we never saw anything like you're reporting.

Whatever the cause, it seems to be peculiar to your box or install. My recommendation would be to try a fresh reinstall of the mod itself.

Eric Howes

Guys:

The Hotfix package in the first post of this thread has been updated to include more fixes and updates. It includes all the fixes and updates from the first hotfix.

Eric Howes

About the weapons that come with SF2E ODS.

Is it normal that some weapons like the AGM-84A (Harpoon) have WeaponDataType=1

But in SF2NA, and I take it also in the March or april patch they have WeaponDataType=7

Is that how it has to be? Just noticed that when I was updating some of my weapons in my Mod folder.

My best regards, Kodiak.

Kokiak:

WeaponDataTye=7 is the new cruise missile weapon type. We didn't convert the Harpoons, primarily because we weren't sure that weapon type supported targets other than ships.

Eric Howes

Okay, I see.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My best regards, Kodiak.

Edited by Kodiak

I noticed another little bug,there isn't the cockpit into the A-10A_78.

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Thank You Eric!:grin:

post-5138-0-17784800-1334257561.jpg

I report only this still unfixed issue .....

:drinks:

I noticed another little bug,there isn't the cockpit into the A-10A_78.

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

The pits there alright - but don't take any weapons if you want to take off from a small runway!

Thank you for the hotfix 2 and thank you to Combat Ace community for SF2 ODS !!!!!

I have SF2E merged with SF2NA. Like very to me start a single mission from a carrier but I have noticed this: when play a CAS mission or Antiship mission from a carrier the sim not define a principal target and, for this, not end the mission and

tell to me that I haven' t destoyed any principal target ( really I have destroyed many tanks or Ships ). Only I have this problem????

Regards.

Toro.

Ice Man:

The A-10_78 uses the stock pit from SF2E:

CockpitDataFile=A-10A_78_cockpit.ini

If you have SF2E installed, you should have it.

Paul, looks like the S-3B is having the same problem with the JPG skins as some of the C-130s. The fix is easy enough.

Toro, from what I understand the bug you've encountered is a bug in the SF2NA code itself -- nothing we can do anything about.

Eric Howes

thank you for the fix. just noticed the C-130 issue last night trying to set up a European 1 skin. game on again :grin:

Guest Pfunk

Hey, I no longer sink into the deck when I land.

That was pretty much the only bug I noticed...