Guys:

The third hotfix for SF2E ODS has been posted -- see the first post of this thread. As before, this hotfix is cumulative, meaning that it contains all the fixes and updates from the previous hotfix packages.

Eric Howes

Talez:

You posted the following bugs:

1. F-117 dashboard cover sometimes turns into green, especially when operating EO instruments.

2. Ground Terrain around King Fahd AB has some weird discontinuity. Some part seems regular desert but the other seems the Sahara desert with tons of tons dunes.

3. AV-8 mission is unplayable. I usually start from carrier deck. Wingman tends to disregard whether I'm blocking his way or not. Also, even though I clear his front quickly, he scratches his tail to the deck and explodes.

4. Some F-117 flight has unrealistic planes (at least 8) per flight and they operate when the sun is still shining.

5. RWR in MiG-23 and planes use the same cockpit doesn't provide visual feedback.

6. Also, they don't have waypoint indicator either. It is in fact, impossible to navigate without the help of HUD information.

7. Some MiG-23 variants has wrong HUD mode. No piper for gun but shows piper for R-27.

8. Again, F-117. Sometimes, they RTB with their bay door opened!

Frankly, I don't know that there's much we're going to be able to do about these -- at least not immediately. To address your points:

1. F-117 cockpit -- someone will have to take a look at this, should be fixable.

2. Ground terrain -- probably not fixable, as Wrench can't get the terrain to load in the Terrain Editor for further revisions.

3. Which AV-8 mission?

4. F-117 flights -- limitation of the game.

5-7. MiG-23 cockpits -- this should be fixable, but someone experienced with cockpits will have to do it.

8. Game bug -- happens with a number of aircraft with bomb bays; also you might see aircraft RTB with gear down.

In other words, a lot of what you've pointed out is either not fixable by us, not easily fixable, or possibly fixable if someone with the right knowledge steps up to tackle the job.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Talez:

You posted the following bugs:

Frankly, I don't know that there's much we're going to be able to do about these -- at least not immediately. To address your points:

1. F-117 cockpit -- someone will have to take a look at this, should be fixable.

2. Ground terrain -- probably not fixable, as Wrench can't get the terrain to load in the Terrain Editor for further revisions.

3. Which AV-8 mission?

4. F-117 flights -- limitation of the game.

5-7. MiG-23 cockpits -- this should be fixable, but someone experienced with cockpits will have to do it.

8. Game bug -- happens with a number of aircraft with bomb bays; also you might see aircraft RTB with gear down.

In other words, a lot of what you've pointed out is either not fixable by us, not easily fixable, or possibly fixable if someone with the right knowledge steps up to tackle the job.

Eric Howes

I tried USMC campaign mission. Also Single missions as well.

Talez:

The default DATA.INI uses a catapult configuration that's a bit tricky, esp. with heavy loadouts. There's an alternate LHA-1 DATA.INI in the \GroundObject\LHA folder: LHA_DATA_alt.INI. That one uses a different catapult configuration.

Rename the existing LHA_DATA.INI to something else, then rename the LHA_DATA_alt.INI to just plain LHA_DATA.INI.

You should an easier time with the alternate DATA.INI.

Eric Howes

weird thing is, this is the EXACT same tileset used on the Iran/Iraq and IR2003 terrains, and it dosn't present with the same 'oddness'. Also, the 'original' map I stll have, converted to SF2 dosen't do this at all.

try using these _hm bmps linked below:

http://combatace.com/files/file/9205-black-desert-hm-bmps/

also, do this to the data ini: (backup the data ini FIRST!!!!)

[HeightField]

DetailScale=1.0

DetailFrequency=1.0

MaxHeight=1000

MinHeight=0

//[HeightOffset]

//LowDetailMesh=-1.5

//WaterMesh=0.8

[HeightOffset]

NonTexturedMesh=-10.0

TexturedMesh=-5.0

DetailedMesh=0.0

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=0.3

copy/paste that over the entires

then, scroll down through it, looking for statements like this:

[Texture015]

Filename=desert1.BMP

HasWater=0

HeightMap=desert1_hm.BMP

HeightMapScale=2.000000

Color=0.968487,0.898184,0.774750

SolidObjectTexture=terobject_buildings1.BMP

AlphaObjectTexture=terobject_trees1.TGA

comment them out like below (there's about 12-18 of them)

[Texture015]

Filename=desert1.BMP

HasWater=0

//HeightMap=desert1_hm.BMP

//HeightMapScale=2.000000

Color=0.968487,0.898184,0.774750

SolidObjectTexture=terobject_buildings1.BMP

AlphaObjectTexture=terobject_trees1.TGA

also, change the cat pionter to the desert.cat in the main.ini

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Desert Storm

DataFile=DS_data.INI

TargetFile=DS_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=DS_types.INI

MovementFile=DS_movement.INI

NationsFile=DS_nations.INI

LocationMap=DS_location.bmp

WaterMap=DS_Water.bmp

BriefingText=DS_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=DS_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

Longitude=44.433

Latitude=33.333

LimitedNations=TRUE

GroundObjectTexture=tan

NavalMap=TRUE

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

//CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

if you're running a merged install, and have SF2 and it's associated Desert.cat, you'll have no issues there.

There's also a bunch of airfields that have become 'unflattened'. Unfortuately, without the full texturelist ini, I doubt I'll be able to flatten them without at TE crash.

see fi those work/fix/help/mitigate/obfuscate or what ever!

If it don't, you can always delte the DS terrain folder, and reextract from you downloaded zip

Wrench:

Unfortunately, that doesn't change the visual appearance. As JSF_Aggie noted, what you're seeing is a side effect of the water shader being used:

http://combatace.com...post__p__566148

The easy fix is simply to remove these two files from the the DS terrain folder:

WaterNormal.dds

TERWATEREFFECT2.FX

The terrain will then revert to using the stock water effect and the custom WATERNORMAL.bmp that's in the folder. If one prefers the stock 3W water appearance, then remove the WATERNORMAL.bmp.

Also, the specified minimum requirements for the mod are SF2E Mar2012, nothing else. Folks should change the CAT pointer only if they are running an install that includes SF2.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

I haven't understood a thing, are there problems if I install the mod ODS using only SF2NA with the patch "march 2012" without SF2E updated to "march 2012"?Thank you!

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Ice Man:

As stated in the ReadMe, SF2E patched to Mar2012 is the minimum requirement for this mod. Although SF2NA is supported, it is not sufficient. You must have SF2E.

Eric Howes

Sorry for late reply. I can't play the game in weekdays.

Anyway, wingman no longer crashes after take off but shows a bit risky movement. The armament was 4 Mk. 82 Snakeeye and 2 Sidewinders with filled up fuel.

Also, magical phase shift effect happens when he passes me by. So, technically, no crash occurs!!! .ini magic saves the day!! :grin:

One more thing...

I've found that F-15E cannot use ripple quantity setting when ripple interval was set to 0. The bomb drops one by one no matter how many ripple quantity was set. (of course, if we set ripple interval > 0, everything works fine.) It seems the game doesn't support simultaneous discharge of ordinances. I'm not sure why it doesn't work while jettisoning all the A-to-G equipment is possible. But if this turns out to be game engine limitation, I guess we can delete ripple interval 0 from all the aircraft.

Edited by Talez

I've found another problem on AV-8B...

It seems RWR screen is floating on wrong position. Check the picture below.

post-17400-0-43914600-1335143910.jpg

Actually, AV-8B has TEWS system and the Avionics.ini for the AV-8B says the right thing... But the actual RWR display seems to use the MFD...

Talez:

Actually, it's in the right position. It's just using the wrong lights.

The attached ZIP file contains a quick fix for the AV-8B RWR. It's not TEWS anymore, but it does work correctly.

Eric Howes

AV-8B-da_RWR_Fix.zip

I have noticed some mistakes about this mod, the Italian RF-104G during the Gulf War in 1991 were deployed on the turkish base of Erhac and not in Saudi Arabia with the Tornado.The AH-64A belongs to the US Army but in the game is listed with the USAF.I have also some suggestions, why don't use the MLRS, the oil rigs and with the US Navy also the submarines?

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Ice Man:

To respond to your points:

1. There are no Turkish bases in the terrain, thus the Saudi basing.

2. The AH-64 assignment is easily addressed.

3. Interesting suggestions, but what role would submarines play in this mod?

Eric Howes

Eye candy!

About my suggestions, is possible use the Anatolian terrain for RF-104G deployment at Incirlik Air Base.The submarines were used for launch Tomahawk and Cruise missiles against the enemy targets in Irak and another idea can be the Patriot anti missiles batteries but I don't know if there's the model,or there's in SF2I.I'm sure is present the MLRS launch system.Greetings,Ice ManTeo

Ice Man:

I'm sorry, but it's simply not practical to ship the entire Anatolian terrain, which would presumably need a whole separate campaign written for it, just to have one recon unit based in Turkey.

As for the subs, we already have plenty of surface ships equipped with Tomahawks. I just don't see the value of adding subs to do the same job, which 99 percent of users would never even see.

Eric Howes

Folks:

The fourth hotfix has been posted. See the first post in this thread. And please see the ReadMe for important notes regarding this hotfix package.

Eric Howes

Hallo to all !!!

I have noticed this strange effect on the coast line.

I have installed also the old ODS for WOE, and there I not see this effect.

Someone see the same thing that I see?

Best Regards.

Toro.

post-34783-0-31189100-1335631456.jpg

Just tried a CAS mission with AV-8B's and found that my targets BM-21 Trucks with rocket launchers I was unable to target... and I got close enough to give them a haircut for free... but Thanks for the update and the work that goes into this...

Slartibartfast:

Do you mean the BM-14 Katyusha MRLs?

Eric Howes

Toro:

I have noticed this strange effect on the coast line.

I have installed also the old ODS for WOE, and there I not see this effect.

Someone see the same thing that I see?

That problem is addressed in the latest hotfix.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Sorry I couldn't recognise the rocket launchers truck mounted though... so it could be the BM-14's as I could not detect them even when I setup with everything switched on... apologies.

Slartibartfast:

Do you mean the BM-14 Katyusha MRLs?

Eric Howes

Toro:

That problem is addressed in the latest hotfix.

Eric Howes

Thank you, Eburger68.

Now it work very well, before I not have used the hotfix n° 4.

Regards.

Toro.

Hallo,

I have noticed when start a naval mission into DS campaign, that a fifth ship ( static and without number, with opposite heading direction ), not present on the map around the my carrier group, is present near the carrier.

Here a screenshot:

Regards.

Toro.

post-34783-0-26949400-1335777117.jpg

Toro:

There are some static ships in the terrain. Your carrier group probably started near one of them. That's probably what you're seeing.

Eric Howes