Sign in to follow this  
garyscott

AI behaviour since Apr'12 patch.

Ive noticed that after completing a mission objective, my wingmen try to insert themselves into orbit . . . . literally!

img00092.jpg

This was one of many attempts it made, (for the record, its highest apex was 61,300ft!), what is causing this, and am i the only one?? It is ANY aircraft, and when it starts to do this, it will no longer respond to radio commands.

The route it takes generally is to the edge of the map, it wont head even in the general direction of homeplate.

Just endless rollercoaster ups and downs until it hits map edge, or runs out of go-juice and glides into the terrain.

I cannot even lock it up in auto-aquire for a shot to put it out of its misery! Lol.

Any clue as to how to sort this will, as always, be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Edit: forgot to mention, its SF2 Merged, but no SF2NA.

Edited by garyscott
  • Like 1

Yes, it's true! :grin:

I was dogfighting a MiG-29 in my F/A-18 one day.

...I got around on him, we approached a mountain face, so then he went vertical...

...and leveled off. At 55,000 feet.

...yyyeah. :good:

SidDogg

havent noticed altitude record attempts in AI but the enemy sure is pulling some funky manuevers in engagements now. some one tell TK not to let the AI watch Dogfights! :grin:

also had to remove the decal block size line from texture.ini's as it was locking them all on one number, even with the randomize line in there.

I have noticed the same thing. I was in a knife fight with a MiG-29, flying an F-4D_78. Bugged out and took the fight over a friendly airfield so the ground AAA could help me out (playing NF4+). The MiG took ground fire that knocked out its left engine and some control damage, but it still attempted to then climb vertically, which it did until it would stall, regain speed, and try again. It did this in a loop all the way to 56,000FT. Pretty surprised it could do it on one engine (or at least only one afterburner functioning).

Same here - SF2 fully merged latest patch etc.

Saw 2x Mig-27 falling bum first out of the sky, no visible damage just holding the nose in vertical and dropping like a brick. No attempt by ai to regain control.

Not seen this before i patched up.....

Then again so long as its red air doing it... makes my life easier :grin:

Also noticed some mild 'flickering' of terrain, dosen't bother me as i get too busy to notice - but again fairly sure it wasn't present b4 patching.

So im not alone then, but ive only noticed MY wingmen doing it, with no response to radio commands. Wierd!

So im not alone then, but ive only noticed MY wingmen doing it, with no response to radio commands. Wierd!

Well come to think of it re wingmen my no 2 (& no2 only) seems to have huge problems staying in formation now, while 3 & 4 sit in lock step with me.

Used to be (pre latest patch) that only happened if I flew say under 250kts and/or below 500ft.

Suppose it will all come out in the wash anyhow :cool: still having a blast with it.

Guess a bloke could just uninstall the lot and go again - only patching up to oct or nov 2011 but .......meh, not that irritated.

That time could be spent in my Gr3!!

Similar thing happens when your aircraft is heavily damaged but it can still fly, either on takeoff or in an engagement. Wingmen vocally responds to commands but does not follow them just goes on his waypoints..

Though this is be design IMHO.

Edited by PureBlue

Guest Pfunk

Yeah, I've been noticing the same thing. For a lot of different aircraft, both stock and aftermarket.

Game bug.

ok i am noticing the opposite. you guys have birds going for altitude records whereas my Migs are trying to set low altitude speed records! was checking progress on my C-130 skin and had a Mig-21 zoom by BELOW me at mach .98! all the more remarkable because i was at 125 ft AGL!!! got the info i was looking for but didn't survive very long given Ivan was being just a little aggressive. :dntknw:

ok i am noticing the opposite. you guys have birds going for altitude records whereas my Migs are trying to set low altitude speed records! was checking progress on my C-130 skin and had a Mig-21 zoom by BELOW me at mach .98! all the more remarkable because i was at 125 ft AGL!!! got the info i was looking for but didn't survive very long given Ivan was being just a little aggressive. :dntknw:

I've been having the same experience. No zoom climbs just a lot of low altitude transonic MiGs. They've been making more head on gun attacks as well.

The strangest behavior I've seen was a flight of East German MiG-21s flying with their gear down in a column of ducks rather than a formation. And no they weren't on final, they had taken off only minutes before.

that makes it official. in order to cut costs, TK has suspended drug testing for the AI! :lol: