hi I have noted tha the time launch sam is long, where is the file to modify, and what is the comand line that modify the time of launch ?

Bye Ivo :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

hi I have noted tha the time launch sam is long

Are you serious? :lol:

Every single SAM launcher (and that includes the units aboard ships) has a launch time set in its data.ini as well as a reload time, if applicable.

Hi fubar512, I have see the data.ini it is set up to :

[WeaponSystem]

TargetType=AIR

MissileRange=34000.000000

MinMissileRange=10000.000000

PitchAngleRate=8

MaxPitch=80.0

MinPitch=0.0

DefaultPitchAngle=30.0

YawAngleRate=12.0

YawLimited=TRUE

MinYaw=-30

MaxYaw=30

DefaultYawAngle=0

LookAroundChance=0

MissileLaunchTime=2.0

YawModelNodeName=turret

PitchModelNodeName=rail

if I change MissileLaunchTime=2.0 to 0 what happend ?

Bye Ivo :idea: :idea: :idea:

Hi i have tryed but nothing, then I have made a new mission ( with mission builder) and I have put a SAM 2 X but it doesn't launch to me nothing... grrrrrrrrrrr

bye :salute:

Most SAM Launchers need an associated SAM radar. There's also a matter of poper placement, meaning the number of launchers, and their orientation on the map. Then there's the "hand placed SAM radar bug", which means that the radars will acquire, track, and direct missiles at you, but you won't recieve a warning on your RWR.

That last issue means that your're better off letting the game engine handle SAM placement, instead of doing it yourself.

Edited by Fubar512

Ok but for SAM 2 what is the right radar in the menu there are SAM fx/ B/ E and so on and what radar I have to add ?

Bye :boredom:

Then there's the "hand placed SAM radar bug", which means that the radars will acquire, track, and direct missiles at you, but you won't recieve a warning on your RWR.

That last issue means that your're better off letting the game engine handle SAM placement, instead of doing it yourself

translated: don't use specific 'called' SAMs and SAM Radars, use the generic tags of 'SAMRadar', 'EWR' and 'SAMLauncher', even when that give the wrong type ... it's the only way to have them show the TEWS. (hence, again, the need for proper userlist.inis for said objects...)

a bug that drives me bat-s**t-crazy, especially when one knows exactly which type of SAM/Radar, and exactly where they go in what country...

Ok but for SAM 2 what is the right radar in the menu there are SAM fx/ B/ E and so on and what radar I have to add ?

Bye :boredom:

The Radar version must match the SA-2 Launcher version (SA-2B requires a Fansong B, SA-2C requires a Fansong C, etc.)

Hi thank to everybody for your reply, but when I add on the map ( Vietnam) the sam 2 or 6,or 3 with the right radar and direction, I find on the flight sam site but mainly shot the gun SA60 (cannon) and rarerly the sam work, instead always SAM 8 work, but I can't see it start from the ground, I'm shot down immediately, I would see the sam start to the ground in the night...

and what is the right formation to choose ( none sovietAD soviet thank..)

Bye :blink: :blink: :blink:

The SA-8 is fired from a vehicle that is technically a "TELAR" (Transporter, Erector, Launcher, Radar).

Obviously, it does not require guidance from an external radar in order to work, as it has its own radar unit.