Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: Skyrim XBOX 360 getting Free Kinect support

Bethesda is integrating Kinect support for the Xbox 360 into Skyrim so you can do a whole bunch of stuff, including give commands to your followers via pure voice commands. Dragon shouts fully supported too. They claim it's due out in the next month and will be totally free.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/107693-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-getting-kinect-support-dlc-will-be-exclusive-to-xbox-360.html

Hellshade

They tried to do the same with ME3, and it seem they weren't very successful.

Voice support is good in Mass Effect 3. They just happened to fail to mention you only needed a headset to use the voice commands. The only major drawback with ME3 was their cooldown timer. it is going to be the same with Skyrim a cooldown timer that will limit it's usefulness. The equipment switching is a feature in both games. But, i reallly don't think the AI understands the basic combat commands of "Get your a** in cover?, Duck!!!, or Move out oif the way, you dumb a**!!!" Once the AI fully grasps the heat of combat and truely understand english I think the systems will work fine. Sorry I foiund myself yelling more about the stupidity of the AI than actually yelling commands.:yikes: Changing equipment was better with the voice support, and again the only thing was chaining abilities with system, not because of the device but the games cooldown system.