Sign in to follow this  
Twilly

Losing stock made flyable with each game start

Each time Istart the game (SF2:NA) I lose all my non-cockpit stock aircraft that I havemade flyable. Very frustrating! This is not after patching, which Iunderstand and deal with efficiently, but after each game start.

Anysuggestions?

I have afully merged install (March 2012 level) with everything from SF2:V to SF2:NAwith quite a few DLCs. I havereinstalled the game – no luck. Evenwith a fully stock game I cannot make any non-cockpit aircraft flyable otherthan with the Flyall=TRUE option.

My onlysolution at this point is to make each aircraft .ini file read only.

What am Imissing?

I had the same issue with SF-2 base before SF-2NA was out.

Don't worry and go this way:

- rename your mod folder StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic to StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic.bak

- lauch the game. You will have a new "vanilla" StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic

- delete from Your StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic.bak options & version ini files

- copy all other folders and put them in new StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic folder

It'ld work. So You can delete StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic.bak folder

:drinks:

it seems to be more prevelant than ever before in this series.

Hence, the greater need for my "One Click Ini Fix", of which I've written a tutorial on, and can't find the cursed thing!!!!

Here's how it works...

make the AI bird flyable via the usual method.

Save that ini.

Now, with it still open, "Save As..."

x-nameofaircraft.ini

then, after it malfunctions again (and it WILL!), it's a simple reopen the xnameofaircraft.ini, "Save As" nameofaircraft ini (remove the x!!), and viola! back to flyable.

it seems to be more prevelant than ever before in this series.

Hence, the greater need for my "One Click Ini Fix", of which I've written a tutorial on, and can't find the cursed thing!!!!

Here's how it works...

make the AI bird flyable via the usual method.

Save that ini.

Now, with it still open, "Save As..."

x-nameofaircraft.ini

then, after it malfunctions again (and it WILL!), it's a simple reopen the xnameofaircraft.ini, "Save As" nameofaircraft ini (remove the x!!), and viola! back to flyable.

That's ok. I do it after patch upgrades ...

But my issue restored AI planes ini AT EACH START.

The only way I found is that I explained up. I don't know why but it worked.

:good:

I have a folder named "AAAAAAAH" in the aircraft folder, before any update, i get all the sotck made flyable here, once upgraded, (edit: and played the game once) i take them out and overwrite

Edited by macelena

"AAAAAAAHHHH" as in the most famous scream of all time?

i even use it for my empty recyle bin wav!!

Thank you for the sound advice and good humor.

Wrench, I took your advice long ago and it always worked like a charm until yesterday. I'll try paulopanz's suggestion when I get home from work tonight and see if it works. I hope so! I could also try going to the April patch to see if that makes any difference. My "read only" solution is working for now but it is hardly ideal.

Thanks again for the help. I'll let you know what works.

I had the same problem. Setting the file as "read only" seems to work (but would prob also prevent it from being updated when the next patch is released).

BTW think the problem was only with the base a-6e and not the 79 variant, but will check later.

Edited by kout

If the mod folder isnt being recognised by the game - make sure options.ini and version.ini are new and not overwritten with older files from your previous mod folder.

I’m back in business!

Thank you everyonefor all the help.

Paulopanz,your solution did the trick – all the stock aircraft that I want flyable arepresent and accounted for after each game start.

Now off forsome carrier ops with the A-6!

i even use it for my empty recyle bin wav!!

Hmmmm, will do lol grin.gif