sinbad

WIP DH-4 USAS

It will take a while because I'm about to leave on vacation, but I am working on a few things, including skins for the 50th Aero Sq "Medal of Honor" flight. These are the guys who located the "Lost Battalion" by flying low and determining where the heavy ground fire was not coming from.

I've been waiting for a suitable model, and Stephen1918 came through again.

There is still a lot to do, but tune in again in about six weeks after I get back from Italy.

Ciao!

post-6006-0-12896100-1334338792.jpg

post-6006-0-90708400-1334338792.jpg

Nice, Dutch Cleansing Woman and all (a long way off B-17 pin-ups, but they got there)! Hopefully these, and the USAS's N28s and S.XIIIs, will feature in Ojcar's Armchair Aces 1918.

great skins, I will be looking forward to these. American skins are in pretty short supply. I would love to see these and some higher res Nieuport 28 skins for upcomming campaigns. Please enjoy your vacations.

Hmmm! I think the American planes had the Liberty engine. It's pity we have not the correct FM for them...... :qt:

Hmmm! I think the American planes had the Liberty engine. It's pity we have not the correct FM for them...... :qt:

If only we knew someone who could make a new FM! :grin:

If you write an FM for the Liberty, I'll upload a US version of the DH4.

Peter01's FM pack includes a Liberty-engined DH4.

I know, but it's for the Skunkworks DH4, not for the Stephen's one

Ojcar sent me a new FM today, so I uploaded a US version of the DH4. This version has a slightly different skin, and load outs for (mostly) American bombs. I also replaced the flight letters with numbers. It uses the same templates as the British DH4.The skin is rather generic, but it will do until Sinbad gets back from his vacation.

I also discovered a problem with the serial number decals in the other DH4s. I didn't name the folders correctly ("AircoDH4_250" and  "AircoDH4_375" replaces "AircoDH4") so I uploaded a new version to correct that.

post-67404-0-93875800-1334533964.jpg

Yes many thanks again Stephen, off to grab 'em now!!!

Well, the perfect is still the enemy of the not good enough.

I'm waiting on some help from Stephen1918.

I'm trying to model twin Marlin Guns to replace the Vickers and a few other little bits.

Meanwhile I'm tinkering . . .

post-6006-0-34866800-1347384984_thumb.jpg

post-6006-0-16943500-1347384256_thumb.jpg

post-6006-0-81349200-1347384295_thumb.jpg

post-6006-0-53265700-1347397412_thumb.jpg

I hesitate to release it while there are still things to do, and it will take while to get the Marlin guns delivered and installed.

Actually it's all quite realistic. The first DH-4 Liberty planes in France didn't have any guns either. Pershing was very unhappy.

Edited by sinbad

post-6006-0-75481100-1347544508_thumb.jpg

Very nice Captain, but were are the guns?!!

post-6006-0-45400200-1347544591_thumb.jpg

We're working on it General.

Edited by sinbad