Sign in to follow this  
galoub

About Using F14 avionics with another planes (multi targeting system)

Hi all

Do anybody manage to adapt F14' s multi targeting system to another plane (f-15 or f-18 for example) ?

I tried to do it without success, any help would be very kind.. thx a lot

I think the F-22 pit just released might be

You need to use AvionicsDLL=AvionicsF14A.dll - the new avionics are only in there afaik.

I think the F-22 pit just released might be

You need to use AvionicsDLL=AvionicsF14A.dll - the new avionics are only in there afaik.

Unless it's been updated since I downloaded it, no, you need to update that one yourself.

BUT, it's really easy!

1) In the aircraft's main .ini, set AvionicsDLL=AvionicsF14A.dll like MigBuster said.

2) In the avionics.ini, look for an entry called [TargetTWS]. Add the following lines that I've put in bold:

[TargetTWS]

SymbolType=TARGET_SYMBOL

ShowPriorityTarget=TRUE

ShowTargetDesignation=TRUE

FlashOnShootCue=TRUE

FlashRate=0.2

TextureName=cockpit\RADAR\Radar_TrackTarget.tga

IFFTarget=cockpit\RADAR\Radar_IFFTarget.tga

Hit1Target=cockpit\RADAR\Radar_HalfTarget.tga

Hit2Target=cockpit\RADAR\Radar_FullTarget.tga

ImageSize=0.10

RotateToHeading=TRUE

3) That's it! However, just be warned that an aircraft you modify like this will lose its Ground Mapping radar. Still, it's perfect for air superiority fighters like the F-15, F-22, and perhaps a few others like the Typhoon, Su-35, or MiG-31.

It takes some getting used to but I've managed to use it successfully on my Fox Super Bug (test platform).

Eric I updating avionics to Supabug so in some time I will upload new version.

Honestly I would stay on avionics70, because Ground Map is sometimes useful, yes it hasnt shoot list but you can freely shooting AHM missiles in TWS mode now.

Wait so the track and shoot from the NA works only with F-14avionics.dll which in turn does not support ground map?

Because that would be really freakin' hilarious...

Sounds cool ArturR, but I don't even use ground mapping that much at all, not even to target ships, since it (I believe) uses the weapons seeker as opposed to the radar so it's not even missed. Unless NA has that feature and I just don't realize it (would be nice).

Wait so the track and shoot from the NA works only with F-14avionics.dll which in turn does not support ground map?

Because that would be really freakin' hilarious...

Generating shooting list working only in F-14avionics.dll, and yes unfortunately TK cut ground map in it.

Ugh I dont know why he did this, more funny is that other new things from F-14avionics are integrated in avionics70.dll

Sounds cool ArturR, but I don't even use ground mapping that much at all, not even to target ships, since it (I believe) uses the weapons seeker as opposed to the radar so it's not even missed. Unless NA has that feature and I just don't realize it (would be nice).

Ok after all its just one entry in main aircraft data.ini. I was referring to searching ships and other ground stuff. When using Harms or other ARM missiles its easier to calculate range.

Tested and approved. It works great with julhem' s new F22 cockpit !

Thanks a million

i converted the f-15e to NA level and its works just fine but the ground mapping radar mode gone :(