Hello!

I watch all your Videos on Youtube and I really must say,that they are the Reason,why I bought me a Copy of OFF. :drinks:

Now I want to ask you,what Mods do you use.

I can hear the Enginesound from the Movie "Brown vs. von Richthofen" (I think this is the english Title)when a Plane goes down inn your Videos.

But I can`t hear it in my Game,is it a Mod?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad English.

Greetings from Vienna.

Hey, akulawien, welcome to the OFF Forum!

Your English is good, man, no problem!

Now, even though I am not Hellshade and cannot answer your question, I would like to add you

to our "OFF Forum Pilots Maps". I have your avatar name, and would put you on Vienna.

Is that okay?

Welcome akulawien! I too started on this magnificent sim just over a year ago after watching Hellshades videos on YouTube and will forever be grateful. You have not only discovered a fantastic flight sim, but also one of the best online communities on the web.

Yes Hellshade's Videos are inspiring and welcome to the mad house akulawien... I am also in Wien but an English type... :drinks:

@Olham:

Sure,no Problem.

@Slatibartfast:

Oh,another Player from Vienna:-)

I live in the 21st District.

The vides are indeed great...and even better that they help draw new supporters!

I'd like to throw in, if I may, how helpful I find the consistent "driver reviews" Hellshade posts. Whenever Nvidia releases a new driver, you can just about bet that he will be among the first to test it - even beta drivers, and report back here. Can't speak for everyone, but this has been very helpful to me in deciding whether or not to update drivers.

WTG Hellshade :drinks:

Hello!

I watch all your Videos on Youtube and I really must say,that they are the Reason,why I bought me a Copy of OFF. :drinks:

I can hear the Enginesound from the Movie "Brown vs. von Richthofen" (I think this is the english Title)when a Plane goes down inn your Videos.

Greetings from Vienna.

Welcome aboard Akulawien. I think your english is great!

To answer your question, the extra sound effects come from the very talented Creaghorn! He has created a mod called Sound Tweaks II which you can find in the download section of OFF:BH&H. I highly recommend it as it does a fabulous job of recreating the engine and machine gun sounds. He also has another mod that changes the Spandau Rate of Fire to be more historically accurate and various Bullet Mods that reduce or eliminate tracer fire for those early war birds.

I'm also running HPWs (Herr Prop Washe) Main Flight Model AI Weight Mod and Buddy1998's Modified Damage Model v1.1. Buddy's mod is a modified version of HPWs Ultimate Damage Model v1.25 which is also an excellent bit of work. Make sure you only run 1 DM mod at a time though.

You can find all of these and more in the download section. I highly recommend getting the JSGME mod manager program to be able to quickly and easily install mods without worrying about them possibly messing up anything.

I thank you and all of the other posters who mentioned my various videos. Generating further interest in OFF:BH&H was the primary reason that I made them. Since OFF:BH&H doesn't have a demo to hand out, I figured the next best thing that I could do was to show people what it would be like to actually be in the cockpit flying this great sim. It's why there are so very few "cut scenes" or third person camera views in my OFF:BH&H videos. I thought once people could see and hear what the experience was like of flying and dogfighting in OFF:BH&H, they might at least be interested enough to come here to the forum and get a lot more information from the very fine folks who make up our community. I did not realize that so many people have done exactly that because of the videos and that's a wonderful feeling to know it has had the very effect I was hoping for. Thank you so much for that.

I don't have the modders or skinners skill that others here have demonstrated over and over again. My knowledge of WWI is good, but pales in comparison to the many other experts on the forum, including of course, the Devs. But I wanted to help OFF:BH&H because if someone has a genuine interest in WWI air combat, this sim is an experience not to be missed. It is the veritable "diamond in the rough." You won't be sorry that you got it sir and if you haven't ordered the Hat in the Ring expansion, I and everyone else here will heartily recommend that you do. It brings everything up to the next level! We are very fortunate to have Devs that care so much about their product that they take every bit of feedback they get and find ways to make an already great sim even better.

At any rate, if you enjoyed my videos, be sure to check out some of the other user made videos on the main page of www.overflandersfields.com Some of them are true works of art.

By the way, if any of the Devs wanted to ship me a beta copy of OFF2 - I'd sign my life away guaranteeing not to disclose anything, but I'd love the opportunity to show off some of the excitement to be had with some short little clips that get peoples blood pumping for OFF 2! I understand you are far too busy making OFF 2 a reality to have time to keep putting videos together. I, on the other hand, am sure I could work some good promo videos into my schedule and submit them directly to you for your ability to release if and when you saw fit. Just a thought that's really a shameless attempt to get an advanced copy (for which I'd gladly pay full price). That being said, I would genuinely love the opportunity to generate more buzz and excitement for OFF 2 via videos if given the chance.

Hellshade

PS. I can't wait to submit a new OFF 2 video to the TrackIR site as well. I think that's a great place to get new people.

Edited by Hellshade

@Olham:

Sure,no Problem.

@Slatibartfast:

Oh,another Player from Vienna:-)

I live in the 21st District.

2nd but hoping to move soon...

Welcome akulawien,

Hellshade has made some super vids which we thank him for and glad it tweaked your interest.

@Hellshade no problem as soon as we are able to get a coherent package we are happy for you to fly we'll let you lose on it for vids :)

Taking a lot longer than we planned to get there, but getting closer each day.

Hellshade, you just hit the jackpot. Just give us your address and we'll show up with pizzas and beers. :drinks:

Hellshade, you just hit the jackpot. Just give us your address and we'll show up with pizzas and beers. :drinks:

And whatever else you want....

I'll bring a copy of Skyrim 2 and Elder Scrolls 7.:cool:

AAAh, So it'll be out in two weeks then!!! :wink:

Correct :)

as Douglas Adams said, "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

I think dev time is exponentially so.

Hellshades videos are terrifying nightmares!...I wake up screaming! "I'M GOING DOWN" :drinks::lol:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Correct :)

as Douglas Adams said, "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

...or as the toad says in "Wind in the Willows":

"Here today and next week tomorrow! Oot-oot!!"

Correct :) as Douglas Adams said, "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Adams at his best: "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make as they go past.(I'll also bet the Devs know this. But 'Wot th' hell...', it's only two weeks.)

Welcome akulawien,

Hellshade has made some super vids which we thank him for and glad it tweaked your interest.

@Hellshade no problem as soon as we are able to get a coherent package we are happy for you to fly we'll let you lose on it for vids :)

Despite all the good nature screams wanting it "yesterday!", I think we all know nobody wants to release OFF 2 more than those of you who are putting your heart, soul, blood, sweat and tears into creating it every single day. When it's ready, it's ready. Until then, I dare say even the most ardent flier of P3 hasn't exhausted all of the possibilities in it yet.

That said, I really look forward to shining a light on OFF 2 with some videos in order to get the word out about it. I just need to come up with some flying and shooting skills that do justice to the planes, scenery and AI. I'm not worried about making the sim look good. That's the easy part. I'm just hoping the AI doesn't make my flying look too bad. That'll probably be my toughest challenge. blink.gif

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Hello!

Greetings from Vienna.

Ah ha, Fresh Meat. Welcome Akulawien to the OFF Meatgrinder Happy Flight Time.:bye:

I'm just hoping the AI doesn't make my flying look too bad. That'll probably be my toughest challenge. blink.gif

Hellshade

Hellshade;

I have the answer for you! A couple of shots of a good single malt scotch usually settles the nerves down enought to allow for smooth operation of hand and mind coordination!

Remember "NO MORE THAN TWO" or you'll be dead meat!

Best Regards;

Edited by rjw

With the HPW Ultimate Damage Mod-which Version do I use?

1.1 or 1.25??

Thanks for Answers.

1.1 or 1.25??

Thanks for Answers.

1.1 or 1.25??

Thanks for Answers.

Version 1.25 sir. It's a great damage model mod. HPW loves to tweak things. :)

Hellshade

Thx Hellshade,you are really fast.

What would I do without you:-)

So I dont need 1.1,right?

Thx Hellshade,you are really fast.

What would I do without you:-)

So I dont need 1.1,right?

No sir. Version 1.25 is stand alone. Thank Herr Prop Wasche. He did all the work!

Hellshade