Hello folks, my SF North Atlantic lags when I look at the ship,water and landsape, then I thought patching should fix the problem but it didnt fix, I have maxed out the graphics but it should not lag on my computer i have medium-high computer. the latest drivers installed.

Im playing at 1920x1080 and maxed out the graphics.

My specs are:

intel core i5 2500k

asus p8z68 deluxe

Nvidia msi n570gtx twin frozr iii pe/oc

corsair 8GB 1600Mhz ram

corsair 850W + Silver

ive tried to overclocked my system,the processor @4.8 and GPU @920Mhz but still lags.

SF2 Israel doesnt even lag at once,its always on 60FPS on ultra settings. I realized the SF2 North Atlantic is not using all of my processor and graphic card. Is it engine limit or is there any tweaks to fix this ?

Sorry for my English, Any help would be appreciated.

img00001je.th.jpg

That FPS is about right for Land with your setup at 1920x1080 with Unlimited selected. Mine is 20FPS minimum over Land and I have N580GTX with i7 2600K @ 4.6Ghz on Unlimited. However the Average FPS is 50-60 FPS which is OK.

Over Sea and with Ships you should get about 10-20FPS more than land on Unlimited.

The only thing is either to reduce the graphics to High/Medium as it's not Optimised very well unfortunately. You could use the older style terrain found here http://combatace.com/topic/71249-sf2na-iceland-classic-tfdhfd-terrain which should make it quicker.

Here's my FPS shots -

Land - 19FPS Minimum

sf2na23.jpg

Sea - 33FPS Minimum

sf2na22.jpg

Edited by ianh755

That FPS is about right for Land with your setup at 1920x1080 with Unlimited selected. Mine is 20FPS minimum over Land and I have N580GTX with i7 2600K @ 4.6Ghz on Unlimited. However the Average FPS is 50-60 FPS which is OK.

Over Sea and with Ships you should get about 10-20FPS more than land on Unlimited.

The only thing is to reduce the graphics to High/Medium, it's not Optimised very well unfortunately.

Thanks for your reply, this seems a general problem. I reduced the quality but its not looking cool, is your game using the whole cpu and gpu ? maybe the engine isnt using all the cores.

Edited by skulz

Just set the Terrain Detail to low in options, should give nice FPS bump while still looking decent.

Skulz - I switched Afterburner OSD on for my Graphics Card and SF:2NA is using 100% of the GPU but only around 40% of the CPU over Land & Sea (GPU in Pink top Left) -

sf2na25.jpg

sf2na24.jpg

Thank you IanH ill check with my afterburner too. I found a mod which replace the map with old terrain method. Here

Skulz - I switched Afterburner OSD on for my Graphics Card and SF:2NA is using 100% of the GPU but only around 40% of the CPU over Land & Sea (GPU in Pink top Left) -

Which means that with the new terrain, the GPU has to render so f&king many polygons, that even 580GTX can't keep up. I think someone mentioned (Stary?) some time ago, that the LOD based terrain has circa 20x more polys, than the old ones. Basically TK overdid it this time...

For comparison, flying the same A-7E (74) in my very heavily modified SF2:E over Starys 1024x1024 Germany terrain also gets 90% GPU but it does 150 FPS at 1920x1080 Unlimited (completely stock SF2:E is 250+ FPS).

I think when it 1st came out Brain32 used the De-Bug tool and found that when he flew near land there was about 3.6 million polygons in the terrain! No wonder the GPU takes a beating!

Edited by ianh755

Which means that with the new terrain, the GPU has to render so f&king many polygons, that even 580GTX can't keep up. I think someone mentioned (Stary?) some time ago, that the LOD based terrain has circa 20x more polys, than the old ones. Basically TK overdid it this time...

Yes i feel it, Even crysis with haviest mod doesnt lag like that. Overclocked my GPU then tested and it passed the reference gtx 580 but not much hit though not going to keep it like that for this, instead of that i downloaded the mod and it looks way cooler than the new terrain.

Personally I choose this terrain over the new one, this is way smooth and looks seamless. Wish devs releas a patch and solve the performance problem.

img00005a.jpg

Edited by skulz
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1