Sign in to follow this  
dbmsts

Help needed with 08 patch

I have the original WOV and I've downloaded the latest update for WOV (2008). I wanted to know if there was any possibility of running the korean air war mod with this patch. Furthermore I've also downloaded Bunyap's 06 weapons pack and this is what the page said:

This weapons pack will not run with the 2008 patched Thirdwire sim unless you run it through latest weapons editor found here. If you are using the latest patch then do not use the data.ini files that the weps pack comes with.

So I've also downloaded the weapons editor.

Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to set up the Korean air war mod and bunyap's 06 weapons pack with the 08 update on WOV?

Furthermore I would like to know how to install multiple installs of WOV so that I can use different mods with them.

Thankyou.

Make your own weapons text ini file, starting from nothing, just the weaps you want, and run it through WE2008. That's what I did. Keeps things alot simpler. Mine has only about 100 weapons so far, but it will eventually end up with maybe 300 (with drop tanks and jammers too).

Furthermore I would like to know how to install multiple installs of WOV so that I can use different mods with them.

Thudwire is nothing like the big mega game developers in this respect, in fact just the opposite of them, at least back in SF-1 2008 and earlier.

Do you know the very most simple basics of file and folder management in any Microsoft operating system past or present?

If you know, you have your answer. :good:

The 2008 patch for WOV kinda breaks the Vietnam campaign: after a few missions you will only be targetting the same airfield IIRC.