Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Refuelling planes and countermesure pods?

Have two doubts that I will like solved to enhance my SF experience. Hope someone can help.

- Is possible to put a Refuelling plane into a circular pattern using the mission editor so I can found the plane in a certain area and "refuel" from it?? (Yes I know I can't refuel, but I can pretend that I do)

- What's the name I have to put in data.ini loadout entry, so my plane can carry countermeasures pod? You know Chaff and Flares.

Thanks.

Yes you can assing a plane route using a mission editor by waypoints.

usually the planes that have chaff/flare support already come with this feature in its _DATA.ini

i think there is specifically an DECOY entry or something like that in weapons editor.

try to open a plane that have access to decoy pod "ctrl+F" and search in its weaponstations, there should be the entry.

sorry for the response but i'm in a hurry here hehehe.

I know about the decoys but those were fuselage mounted. I'm thinking in decoy stores mounted in hardpoints. In this case I'm thinking in changing a IRM of the Crusader by a decoy dispenser pod.

So is A/A refueling 100% out in this game? No ways around it? Like doing something crazy with the files of the plane.

For example, when you land at an airfield/carrier, does it automatically refuel you and rearm you? I figure that would be a must, what if you need to rearm/refuel to finish the mission? If that is how it works, couldnt we assign that event to a plane...

So maybe assign that event to happen 5 meters around the plane, so you could act like your going up to the plane, and once you get close enough that event happens? It wouldnt be perfect but it would be something?

I dont know, just thinking out of my a**

If you mean like a Tornado with an external Chaff/Flare pod then add "AllowedWeaponsClass=EP" to the A/C data.ini in the Pylon section but there aren't any pods that are small enough to replace an IRM except maybe the Phimat pod which is French/British.

So is A/A refueling 100% out in this game? No ways around it? Like doing something crazy with the files of the plane.

For example, when you land at an airfield/carrier, does it automatically refuel you and rearm you? I figure that would be a must, what if you need to rearm/refuel to finish the mission? If that is how it works, couldnt we assign that event to a plane...

So maybe assign that event to happen 5 meters around the plane, so you could act like your going up to the plane, and once you get close enough that event happens? It wouldnt be perfect but it would be something?

I dont know, just thinking out of my a**

Nope, it's all just for looks and show right now and no auto rearm/refuel. Everybody should remember that the Strike Fighter series made by three, yes 3 people, not a team of 50 for Lockon or so where they had the ability (and budget) to do such cool things. Unfortunately it may be never implemented... or it might...

For example, when you land at an airfield/carrier, does it automatically refuel you and rearm you?

We may not be able to refuel but we can rearm. :grin:

In your Controls Default.ini add the following at the bottom of the [ControlSet001] section.

REARM_WEAPONS=ALT+W

It will rearm your missiles & bombs only though, guns, fuel, chaff & flare or any ordnance you have jettisoned won’t be replenished .

Being a honest , steely eyed pilot like we all are, I’m sure you will always land & taxi to the arming bay before pressing ALT-W. :qt2:

SF

Take a look at JonathanRL's "Fake" AWACS thread:

http://combatace.com/topic/71624-fake-awacs-in-campaigns-tutorial/

The same could be set up for a tanker unit.

I have added a tanker to my single mission using the mission editor. Getting the timing for it be around was tricky. I just made it burn big circles for countless hours (just like in real life).

Nope, it's all just for looks and show right now and no auto rearm/refuel. Everybody should remember that the Strike Fighter series made by three, yes 3 people, not a team of 50 for Lockon or so where they had the ability (and budget) to do such cool things. Unfortunately it may be never implemented... or it might...

Thats true, but couldnt it be written in as a mod if the right files were not locked away? Thats on them.

In the settings of the game for realism, Im sure there is an option for unlimited fuel, and then the next step up would be burn half as slow, is all that info in the locked files or is stuff like that accessible? I guess where I am going is if there is a key command to rearm, couldnt you assign that key command to automatically happen when you reach a certain area or get close enough to a certain object? If there is a key command to rearm why is there none for refuel? argh.

Sorry Stratos, guess this should be a new post.

Edited by Intruder7011

Unfortunately it may be never implemented... or it might...

yea but watch, its implemented in a expansion pack and we will gripe about the 20 things that got broken to give us AAR :grin:

We had a walk around for AAR (kreelin´s refueler mod in Gen 1 Downloads) but i never got it working in Gen 2 games.

We had a walk around for AAR (kreelin´s refueler mod in Gen 1 Downloads) but i never got it working in Gen 2 games.

any link please?

any link please?

LINK

This adds a kind of fake engine to the aircraft and via thrust vectoring key you get a negative fuel flow making your tanks fill again. No visual tanker aircraft or other fancy stuff AND like i said, it doesn´t work on any SF2 sim. I had this working in early patched WoE!

Got the decoy pod working on the Crusader. But I now lost a IRM missile. Wondering If is possible to get assimetrical loadouts.

Got the decoy pod working on the Crusader. But I now lost a IRM missile. Wondering If is possible to get assimetrical loadouts.

It is, but you have to edit the Loadout.ini and in game, it will show as "empty" but with black dots on the stations. Or you can edit the data.ini file for the Crusader and make each wep station it's own number and load each station manually.