Sign in to follow this  
don246

Problem with Jan tuma's terrain

First off im using Windows 7 64 bit

Now I have installed FE2 on my C drive in a games folder, now my problem is with Jan's terrain the buildings are shimmering.

http://combatace.com/uploads/monthly_04_2012/post-21673-0-84805400-1334691590.jpg

Thankas for any help.

EDIT I have just seen this at the side of the road

http://combatace.com/uploads/monthly_04_2012/post-21673-0-99345200-1334692223.jpg

post-21673-0-84805400-1334691590.jpg

post-21673-0-99345200-1334692223.jpg

Edited by don246

I get that if I have setting set on unlimited. turn them down a notch and see if it goes away. (thats what worked for me) I have no idea what causes it or if there is another solution.

effects detail setting that is.

I have FE1, so I don't know if FE2 is the same. But-- In Options, under the Graphics tab, at the top, there are settings for Display Device and Resolution. Under Resolution, try dropping down to a 32 bit option, your computer may be defaulting to 64 bit. If that doesn't help, see if there is another display driver (you may only have one). The driver controls how the monitor handles color, changing it here shouldn't affect your other software.

Try the JTm_tiles_alternative_Solid_objects_alpha terrain data.ini's. The file is located in the download section. I had the same terrain flashing running Windows 7 64 bit and an Nvidia GTX470 video card, and this did trick.

Here's the link to the file:

http://combatace.com/files/file/10563-alternatice-solid-objects-setting-for-fe-tiles-by-jan-tuma/

Edited by NeverEnough

Sorted turned all down from unlimited to high and all looks good.

Now as this terrain add-on is the only the first on a default install im now looking to impove the sky so in your opinion what is the one you like and any sounds inprovments you like.

Thanks guys or gals for your help.

I'm using Stary's SARCASM 1.3 mod for my sky-find it very nice indeed, and fps-friendly too. For my sounds, I just downloaded everything I could find on CombatACE and selected what I liked best myself, mixing and matching until I got the desired balance.

It should be installed inside the ¨Program Files (x86)¨! May be it´s the problem...

the fix worked for me. as for sky fixes i use Stary's SARCASM 1.3 and Polaks "skymod" and it looks freakin great ;)