Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Back Up, BACK UP!

When is the last time YOU backed up your files?

If my computer fries, so does my files :(

Just done a full rebuild and recovered everything from Backup... :good:

every time after a milestone or after good pack of mods been available (ODS...) :ok:

every time after a milestone or after good pack of mods been available (ODS...) :ok:

Same here. I actually keep a regular backup of my entire mod folder, plus a separate archive of all the zips and rars I downloaded just in case.

Also, I want to recommend to all modders who use Max to back up your work constantly. Paranoia pays off. I was so happy to build my new PC, as it opens Max in 5 seconds (as opposed to nearly a minute on my 5 year old computer), but I've been getting way more fatal crashes, and would have lost hours and hours of work if I didn't make regular backups of my models.

I learnt my lesson the hard way last year when the missus "accidentally" commited homicide on my desktop. My best friend nowadays is my shockproof detachable hard drive :yes: