Andy73

New Sounds for you...

Hello dear Community,

please look at my new Video at You-Tube and write a little feedback, if you like it. I'm not sure, however, is whether it makes sense to publish the Mod, because I do not want to diminish the good work from the OBD-Team in Phase 3. They really have made good Sounds in it.

I already made it just for Fun. If there is Interest and, if something like that is also allowed, then I will publish this Mod.

I would like to have before only the permission, before it comes later, perhaps, to misunderstandings.

These are very, very nice and I would love to use them if you post them.

Just one question, are you going to have a new Albatros sound too ???

Those are fantastic Andy. I don't see why OBD would have any problems with a sound mod for P3 as long as you give credit to them for their work. Creaghorn has had a Sound Tweaks II mod up for a couple of years now. I sincerely hope you release yours. I would love to use it and it would make a wonderful addition to P3. Great work sir.

Hellshade

Sounds all very good, but - why is there no Albatros???

Andy, if you want my vote, I must hear a good Albatros sound to tune me friendly. :grin:

You don't need to be afraid of making sound mods - others have done before.

Unlike the real developers of "Over Flanders Fields", modders have the freedom to use sounds

from whereever they find them. The devs cannot do that.

But I can assure you all, that I have heard from a reliable source, that the new sounds for OFF II

will be a very different; they get all done new - no comparison to what there is now.

Just to make you all drool a little more...

Edited by Olham

Thanks for your feedback guys :good:

To answer your Question about the Albatros: Well, CREAGHORN did a very good Job with the Mercedes-Engine in his HOMEBREW a couple of Years ago, so I did not change anything about that. I can try to make something new for German Fighters, but perhaps the result will be not quite as good as Creaghorn's. But I will try.

If nobody has any Problem with my Work, I think I will publish this Mod tomorrow (I have to work now on the Albatros :this: )

again, thank you for your Answers :drinks:

No, it's alright, I was only teasing - Creaghorn's work is what I also use, and it is great.

No need to make another.

I was thinking to eventually making a sound mod for P3, thanks to my last "hobby" in making sound mods. But your work is quite good, Andy. :good:

I'll think doing it for P4, if indeed we will need one at all.

Edited by Von Paulus

Thanks for your feedback guys :good:

To answer your Question about the Albatros: Well, CREAGHORN did a very good Job with the Mercedes-Engine in his HOMEBREW a couple of Years ago, so I did not change anything about that. I can try to make something new for German Fighters, but perhaps the result will be not quite as good as Creaghorn's. But I will try.

If nobody has any Problem with my Work, I think I will publish this Mod tomorrow (I have to work now on the Albatros :this: )

Again, thank you for your Answers :drinks:

Do whatever your heart tells you too sir, but for my part Creaghorns Alb sounds are great. If you think that you can improve upon them, by all means mod away. If not, what you've already done is wonderful work and, I am sure, would be greatly appreciated by the community if you would share it.

Hellshade

Andy,

I just downloaded and installed your sound mod, using the version that works with Creaghorns Sound Tweak II. Simply fantastic work. This truly is a community with some incredible talent. Thank you very much for sharing your sound mod. Salute.gif

Hellshade

Excellent work Andy! I have not yet used any sound mods but this will be my first.

But I can assure you all, that I have heard from a reliable source, that the new sounds for OFF II

will be a very different; they get all done new - no comparison to what there is now.

Just to make you all drool a little more...

Geez Olham...If we drool any more we'll likely drown ourselves!!!

Ready now for Download..... :drinks:

@Andy73

Your sound mods are outstanding! IMHO, I like them better than the OBD default sounds. All of you, including Creaghorn, 33Lima, and Elephant should receive commendations for the excellent work you guys have done.

I have taken your files for "Engine Sounds for Sound Tweak II", "Gun Sounds for Sound Tweak II", "Aircraft Sounds', and "Albatros DIII Sounds" and arranged them in JSGME (JonesSoft Generic Mods Enabler) friendly format. Can I PM them to you so you can look them over? I have the latest JSGME version 2.6.0.157 running on my rig. It makes swapping all the OFF mods in and out so easy for testing and comparison.

OlPaint

@Andy73

Your sound mods are outstanding! IMHO, I like them better than the OBD default sounds. All of you, including Creaghorn, 33Lima, and Elephant should receive commendations for the excellent work you guys have done.

I have taken your files for "Engine Sounds for Sound Tweak II", "Gun Sounds for Sound Tweak II", "Aircraft Sounds', and "Albatros DIII Sounds" and arranged them in JSGME (JonesSoft Generic Mods Enabler) friendly format. Can I PM them to you so you can look them over? I have the latest JSGME version 2.6.0.157 running on my rig. It makes swapping all the OFF mods in and out so easy for testing and comparison.

OlPaint

Can you upload that combination to the download section please? I would really appreciate that all in one "bundle".

Hellshade

@Creaghorn

I have also taken your files for "Creaghorn Homebrew Sounds", Creaghorn Spandau Mod", "Creaghorn Sound Tweak", "Creaghorn Sound Tweak II" and "Creaghorn Sound Tweak II Patch" and arranged them in JSGME (JonesSoft Generic Mods Enabler) friendly format. Can I PM them to you so you can look them over?

@HellShade

When I get permissions from Andy73 and Creaghorn, I can post a complete JSGME-ready bundle of Creaghorn's and Andy73's sound mod files to the downloads section. Or maybe they could update their own files as Buddy1998 did with his Modified DM Mod.

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

@Creaghorn

I have also taken your files for "Creaghorn Homebrew Sounds", Creaghorn Spandau Mod", "Creaghorn Sound Tweak", "Creaghorn Sound Tweak II" and "Creaghorn Sound Tweak II Patch" and arranged them in JSGME (JonesSoft Generic Mods Enabler) friendly format. Can I PM them to you so you can look them over?

@HellShade

When I get permissions from Andy73 and Creaghorn, I can post a complete JSGME-ready bundle of Creaghorn's and Andy73's sound mod files to the downloads section. Or maybe they could update their own files as Buddy1998 did with his Modified DM Mod.

OlPaint

yes, sure. thank you very much. makes installing a lot easier. would you like also to modify the german news mod as well to be usabla by JSGME? that would be great.:drinks:

@Creaghorn

As soon as I configure your "Homebrew German News" mod for JSGME, I will send you that, bundled with your other mod files, for you to look over.

OlPaint

@Creaghorn

As soon as I configure your "Homebrew German News" mod for JSGME, I will send you that, bundled with your other mod files, for you to look over.

OlPaint

Once you get full approval for that package, please upload it onto the download server sir. I and I am sure many others would love to have that combination while we wait for OFF 2. Thank you for all of your efforts in putting this together.

Hellshade

@ OlPaint: That would be a nice thing, what you are planning to do :good: In the last few Weeks I've done some minor tweaks on my Sounds, so if you want them, you can have them too for a whole Package :grin:

Thank you Andy for all your hard work. I downloaded yesterday and immediately noticed the difference on the SE5a Viper engine sound which sounded more robust IMO. I haven't had a chance to check out more but I just wanted to drop a quick "thank you" and applaud you for your efforts. :salute:

Did you improve any Albatros/Mercedes engine sounds beyond of what Creaghorn had already done?

Olham, please look in the Downloads-Section for my Thread "New Sound for German Fighters", it replaces the Mercedes Engine for all German Aircraft. Hope you like it, the Engine now sounds more Powerful :drinks: Enjoy!!!

This seems to be a good mod for P3. But if a combined version for JSGME is coming, I think I'll wait for it. :drinks:

Okay, I'll check, Andy - thank you!