Sign in to follow this  
Do335

RWR on the Tomcat

OK... I looked everywhere in the cockpit. Did my brain shortwire or do you have to turn off the radar to see the RWR?

TMF's tomcats of TK's?

TK's has one it shows only when a radar tracking you or a missile locked on your jet ( keep an eye on the radar screen when a missile lock or when you hear the warning tone ) the RWR will flashing

TMFs has RWR too but i don't think it is working ( with the latest patch and the latest updates for TMF's tomcats radar doesn't show up in the cockpit too )

• Like 1

ah thanks. It's TK's stock one.

Perhaps that's how the Tomcat's like so my Q goes to the Grumman engineers, WTH were they thinking?!

no problem.. good.gif

Perhaps that's how the Tomcat's like so my Q goes to the Grumman engineers, WTH were they thinking?!

They didn't think people will try to simulate a two-seater for one player AND to make controls easier than in real life.

• Like 1

Ain't the point. If I'm the front seat pilot the rwr needs to be constantly available to me instead of asking the GIB or flipping a switch everytime I need to look at it. simple ergonomics/user friendliness for combat efficiency

Edited by Do335

The Tomcat pilot could switch the HSD to RWR mode. What you see on the HSD is TID Repeat for the F-14's "radar" - the pilot had no control over the AWG-9, so seeing the radar on the HSD was more or less a simplified way to see what his RIO was seeing. The HSD and VDI were multi-functional displays in a manner of speaking, with the VDI capable of also showing the TCS feedback, and the HSD showing Nav, TID Repeat, and RWR (barring things like BIT, which were also options). Tomcats with ALR-67 had a separate RWR indicator so they didn't have to change the HSD from NAV mode to RWR, though this was still an option. As Gr.Viper said, the RIO had a designated RWR on the right-side panel of his 'pit; the RIO also had the Chaff/Flare dispensers (for manual chucking of chaff/flare).

TMF's RWR is working last I checked, and is displayed as an F-14 with ALR-67 installed (its own display, lower right on the top-half of the pilot's 'pit); like the real bird, you can also change the HSD to RWR mode if you want.