Sign in to follow this  
akulawien

Stall

Hello!

In OFF it is very hard to fly the Planes.

Everytime when I have the Enemy in Front of my Guns,then my Plane stalls....

In ROF is an Option "no Physics" I think.

Is there an Option in OFF that my Plane will not make a Stall?

I fly on the EASY Flightmodel....

Its very,very hard and I ask me how Richthofen make 80 Victorys with these Planes.

Greetings.

Practice, practice, practice! It may seem difficult now, but you will gradually learn to fly these early planes, so be patient. Also, some planes are more difficult to fly without stalling than others. A few planes that are difficult to fly without stalling include:

DH-2

Fokker EIII

Sopwith Strutter 1 1/2

Bristol Scout

Spad VII and XIII

Here are a few that are easier to fly without stalling:

Fokker DVII

Albatros DIII

Se5a

Finally, not many people here fly the "easy" flight model, so we might not be able to give you a lot of help flying planes using the easy flight model. In reality, I don't believe there is a lot of difference between the easy and realistic flight models, so you might be better off just learning to fly with the realistic FM. You will "take your lumps" at first, but will get better with time.

We are a pretty good bunch on this forum, I think, so if you do begin to get frustrated, don't feel shy about asking people for help. We were all rookies at one time!

You might also check out the threads on flying some of the various planes that are available in OFF. They contain some good tips about some of the odd quirks of some of these old birds.

Most modern small prop propelled aircraft use fuel injection for fuel delivery, the mixture being controlled by a computer working in unison with the altimeter.

Prior to that they featured automatic, altitude compensating carbs.

But this is 1917 all mixture adjustment was the duty of the pilot, at any altitude above 5000 feet the oxygen content started to lessen, which meant the pilot had to lean out his mixture, if he didn't his engine would run rather poorly.

And he'd be prone to Stalling

Best you enable AUTO MIXTURE in Workshop . . . Let the computer handle this function . . . Later on you can deal with it . . . But that comes later

By the way, Von Richtofen was a great pilot, and an efficent Killer, but a great many of his early victories were slow British 2 Seaters 85mph flying in formation. While he had a Albatross DIII

The Red Baron stuff in his Fokker Triplane made great copy