Still cannot upload on my desktop, had to use the laptop blink.gif

Like all things, never enough time to do everything you like to do...

The following is my WIP for the Mirage 2000 Pack. Every effort is being made to make each Nation's Mirage 2000 and their squadrons to be as accurate as possible.

In addition, for the first time I have made 5 items (and counting) for the HAF and the UAE Mirages because they have some additional aerial items on their Mirages.

I did a crash cross on 3d Max and in one day made the "items." I have to say... it is very difficult to use the program at this point and extremely difficult when you do not have the Max files to judge the scale and sizes of the items. But I think the extra antennas came out pretty good... More work will be attempted.

I have also encounter problems of using proper FONTS for the different Mirages. It seems that some countries just like to mix things up, instead of using one font for all their markings... They have to use two or more different fonts to make their markings? I did the best that I could and also got tire of searching through the internet for the proper fonts. I think you will not notice that much of a difference. Except for the rivets counters out there...

All the squadrons' serial numbers are scramble so that you will fly different aircraft...

Thanks again for the wonderful talents in this community for allowing all this to be possible.

Cheers! drinks.gif

Ace888

gallery_32885_768_60645.jpggallery_32885_768_33536.jpggallery_32885_768_182559.jpggallery_32885_768_321551.jpggallery_32885_768_148707.jpggallery_32885_768_118061.jpggallery_32885_768_133263.jpggallery_32885_768_151993.jpggallery_32885_768_49501.jpggallery_32885_768_1804.jpggallery_32885_768_111689.jpggallery_32885_768_103164.jpggallery_32885_768_164477.jpggallery_32885_768_224265.jpggallery_32885_768_165407.jpggallery_32885_768_67485.jpggallery_32885_768_121628.jpggallery_32885_768_94895.jpggallery_32885_768_199790.jpg

gallery_32885_768_301681.jpg

Edited by ace888
  • Like 4

Good Gracious!

:shok:

SidDogg

VERY NICE!!! :good:

When we gonna have the pleasure to fly this bad boy??

My best regards, Kodiak.

:salute:

gallery_32885_768_133263.jpg

Great work :clapping:

Regaridng those Indian Mirages, just add "Reverse=TRUE" for the starboard finflash decal and you are all set.

On all IAF a/c, the green part of the IAF finflash always points towards the cockpit.

KF143.jpg

Great work :clapping:

Regaridng those Indian Mirages, just add "Reverse=TRUE" for the starboard finflash decal and you are all set.

On all IAF a/c, the green part of the IAF finflash always points towards the cockpit.

KF143.jpg

Thanks for that... I did not even see the flag that was facing differently on the right side and I had this photo for my reference!

Thanks all for the cheers... hopefully I can get this done soon. Still waiting for approval from ex-MF people to use the MF 2000 .LODs?

drinks.gif

Hello,

I have documentation about exported Mirage 2000 : serial numbers ; loadout ; etc...

If you're interested, just ask.

Ludo

Looking good

Is this the TMF mirage ?

the UAE ones will come in quite handy, as the Persian Gulf map is just about finished!

Ludo... any information is well come. So far, plan to have 10 serials per squadron (some have full serial- Peru, Qatar, and Brazil has the full fleet). I know it should be more, a lot of work! I will increase it as time permits.

Kevin... Ya the UAE should be great for the Gulf region.

Jeanba... The .LODs are TMF Mirages. I have done mods to it and is still tweaking, a different cockpit is used as well, etc...

Hey ace888,

yes, you can use the TMF lods for your project.

if you want, I still have Indian and Peruvian lods which I can give you, lost everything else last summer.

PM me if interested.

~

Ludo... any information is well come. So far, plan to have 10 serials per squadron (some have full serial- Peru, Qatar, and Brazil has the full fleet). I know it should be more, a lot of work! I will increase it as time permits.

Kevin... Ya the UAE should be great for the Gulf region.

Jeanba... The .LODs are TMF Mirages. I have done mods to it and is still tweaking, a different cockpit is used as well, etc...

Great !!!

this is my documentation.

If you need it in higher resolution, tell me.

Ludo

Having seen my share of UAE and Qatari M2Ks, I'm partial to those. Thanks for the work!

Shut the front door!

Gents,

Ludo - thanks for the information.

Storm - you are very welcome

Dave - the front door is shut! grin.gif

Crusader - out working, will PM you when I get home, hate to see the material in the inbox and can't do anything about it grin.gif Thank you for approving the usage of the .LODs

Cheers all...

drinks.gif

Edited by ace888

gallery_32885_768_221369.jpg

I missed one, forgot to upload FAP.

Ludo - Just looked at your information, I have many similar ones as well... thanks for sharing anyway good.gif

Crusader - I will check the .LODs and compare.

Question?

What is the best method of making a "shining silver fuel tank?" I am unable to get even close to what I want blink.gif

Thanks for any advice.

Nice ones!

It seems to me that you are using Times New Roman font to the brazilian aircraft? You'd be glad to know that Brazilian Air Force uses the same font as USAF, "amarillo".

Any information needed concerning the brazilian aircrafts, don't keep it to yourself!

drinks.gif

Scratching my head... still having issues uploading via my desktop?

Anyway, gave up on making a shinning silver FT 1200 tank, none of the result was satisfactory. Instead, made a few modification on FT 1700 wing tanks.

gallery_32885_768_176584.jpggallery_32885_768_193597.jpggallery_32885_768_73467.jpggallery_32885_768_224566.jpggallery_32885_768_64210.jpggallery_32885_768_30623.jpggallery_32885_768_228770.jpggallery_32885_768_143273.jpg

Nice ones!

It seems to me that you are using Times New Roman font to the brazilian aircraft? You'd be glad to know that Brazilian Air Force uses the same font as USAF, "amarillo".

Any information needed concerning the brazilian aircrafts, don't keep it to yourself!

drinks.gif

The FAB fleet was completed a while back. I only do some changes, the FAB Star and other miner tweaks. No changes to the serial number since I made the first ever photo post.

I do my research and I do my best to get it right. I can assure you that I have used the right FONT for the FAB.

I do not know how you can said I have used the Times New Roman, it is not even close to what I have used.

rolleyes.gif

gallery_32885_768_273001.jpg

gallery_32885_768_157231.jpg

gallery_32885_768_108346.jpg

gallery_32885_768_41302.jpg

• Like 1

If you could shift, a little, the decal tone from plain black to the dark grey side,

the decals would blend better with the skin...I guess :grin:

If you could shift, a little, the decal tone from plain black to the dark grey side,

the decals would blend better with the skin...I guess :grin:

I will give it a try... I think it will blend better, thanks

Great work, looking forward to the finished birds!

I think Pablo is talking about the "Force Aerea Brasileira" text on the fuselage which should to my knowledge be in the same font (Amarillo) as the numbers on the tail.

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

http://www.patricksa...o.ricjam/12829/

Thank you for the hard work with the Mirage-2000!

Regards

Jens

I will make the proper corrections, thanks

Edited by ace888